Fuji X-H1. IBIS, Phase Detect 4K beast?

Dave Maze

9 minutes ago, Castorp said:

Again, the X-H1 is a camera aimed at professional photographers.

Now I'm in confusion... aren't @jonpais explicitely quote man form Fuji "This camera targeting professionals for the movie as well as the photo side"?

So, who aimed/targeted this camera if it is not men who constructed and sell them?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 minute ago, anonim said:

Now I'm in confusion... aren't @jonpais explicitely quote man form Fuji "This camera targeting professionals for the movie as well as the photo side"?

So, who aimed this camera if it is not men who constructed and sell them?

It's aimed at general lifeforms with an active pulse. ?

33 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I speak my mind. If I thought Fuji owners had poor taste or didn’t understand design, I would have said so. 

Glad to hear. Still, I don’t think you speak your mind at all. Too bad you’re not able to clarify what you meant with the suggestive paragraph about typography. 

Because to me it looked like you said that some people like these ergonomics, then you followed with  how some people like bad typography, which in turn leads to dysfunctional democracy.

Do you see what that juxtaposition does? 

3 hours ago, anonim said:

So, who aimed/targeted this camera if it is not men who constructed and sell them?

Of course it can also function as a video camera. It is a hybrid just as the designer is saying in that video. jonpais could have taken a screenshot of the interview two seconds later when the same guys says “especially for photo use”. He also says a few seconds later that this camera can function as a solution for very small video projects. It’s not a professional video camera. It is a professional grade stills camera however. I remember reading elsewhere about this too. Perhaps it was Billy in the camerastoretv interview saying apropos the lack of 10bit that let’s not forget that this is not primarily a video camera. I forgot. In the dpreview interview the same designer talks about how the XH1 is made with DSLR users in mind. The grip, robustness and improved autofocus makes this camera a more viable D500 or 7D alternative. The Fuji 200 f2 is coming later this year and that is a large heavy lens that this camera was made for. I can see it as a perfect mate to the 50-140 2.8 and the 16-55 f2.8.

We can start counting photo features vs video features in the design. It’s more optimised for photography. As are the lenses with the exception of the new MK zooms.

Hybrid cameras are in demand and it’s great to see Fujifilm putting some good video features including one simulation for video. I think it can be a very versatile camera but if my main objective was video then I think the GH5 is still better, for video. But I don’t think the XH1 was ever intended to really outdo the GH5 on video.

The XH1 is a professional mirrorless stills camera with excellent video features. Just as, say, the EM1ii.

10 hours ago, jonpais said:

You haven’t answered the question. How does one go about choosing a camera that will wow the majority, whoever they are? I’m the minority? That doesn’t make sense in any language I’m familiar with. Maybe you could just type in your native language and I can use Google translate. 

Wow... Okay... I never said that I knew the answer nor do I have a method to do that... It was rhetorical question....

I was born and raised in Canada, English is my native tongue.

Do you not know the definition of majority and minority? Let me try to explain it to you in another way. Assuming you do know the definition (if you don't, please google it)

Who is your target audience?

Say your target audience is a 100 people. What would the majority be? Anything above 50 peeps, right? Whatever is remaining is the minority, right?

Look around you man... There are over 7 billion people in this world, of the 7+ billion people - how many of those people saw your videos? The number of views, would you consider that a smaller subset of the larger population (minority) or a big chunk of the larger population (majority). Of course, it's foolish to assume all 7+ billion can watch one particular video. But, as a filmmaker you are trying to get as many people (the majority) to watch your video and as much as possible... But, if you are doing the video for yourself and the only viewer is you, a singular person, then you make up the minority. 1 out of 7+ billion.

So, all I was saying is to create video, no matter what camera you use, is to cater to the majority (and that's if you are aiming to be a filmmaker). And, again.... I never said there is a set method or a way to do this... Figure that $h!T on the your own.

If, after all that... What Im saying sounds like French to you. Au revoir mon ami, parce que tu est impossible (sorry if my French is rusty, cause it's not my native tongue)

14 minutes ago, webrunner5 said:

Wow AF is terrible! And people complain about the GH5. Holly crap.

Since the X-T2 looks better here, it must some pre-production firmware issue. It's also worth noting that the X-T2 focused as fast as the A6300 in Max Yuryev's comparison, it only lacked the smoothness of the Sony.

3 minutes ago, Attila Bakos said:

Since the X-T2 looks better here, it must some pre-production firmware issue. It's also worth noting that the X-T2 focused as fast as the A6300 in Max Yuryev's comparison, it only lacked the smoothness of the Sony.

Yeah but this has to be a new Sensor isn't it?? This surely isn't the same one in the XT2?

48 minutes ago, Attila Bakos said:

We don't know the exact settings but AF on the X-H1 leaves some to be desired.  Also notice the focusing smoothness of the A6300 compared to the Fujis.

After picking up a Tilta Nucleus M, I can tell you that I’m done with my reliance on AF. For me it is no longer important.

1 minute ago, Attila Bakos said:

I have my eyes on that one, but I have no chance to try it where I live, and it's pretty pricey.

Pricey, but not when compared to other wireless follow focus systems. Build quality it great, QC is great. Reliable with strong motors with user adjustable torque settings. It should serve many years . I know I will be using this long after my GH5 and S are history.

6 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Pricey, but not when compared to other wireless follow focus systems. Build quality it great, QC is great. Reliable with strong motors with user adjustable torque settings. It should serve many years . I know I will be using this long after my GH5 and S are history.

Yeah but occasionally my camera sits on a Zhiyun Crane, then I still need decent AF. Unless I keep the distance...

• Super Members
12 minutes ago, Attila Bakos said:

Yeah but occasionally my camera sits on a Zhiyun Crane, then I still need decent AF. Unless I keep the distance...

There is an electronic follow focus that will get AF in a firmware update. It means AF of on manual lenses as well. Electronic follow focus or Autofocus on all lenses ever made for any system.

I was asked to review it together with a gimbal but will wait until the AF update.

(You wouldn't believe how many companies try to give me gimbals for review. By reviewing the cranes it seems like I opened a Pandora box.)

1 minute ago, Mattias Burling said:

There is an electronic follow focus that will get AF in a firmware update. It means AF of on manual lenses as well. Electronic follow focus or Autofocus on all lenses ever made for any system.

I was asked to review it together with a gimbal but will wait until the AF update.

(You wouldn't believe how many companies try to give me gimbals for review. By reviewing the cranes it seems like I opened a Pandora box.)

Do you Have to give the stuff back?

1 minute ago, Mattias Burling said:

Now that sounds interesting! I'll keep my eyes open :)