Fuji X-H1. IBIS, Phase Detect 4K beast?

Dave Maze

1 minute ago, jonpais said:

I guess true pros use light meters. ?

haha! no more reactions since last night, but I noticed that some people still use the good ol' Arri blue lights!

We are moving to a different category of video cameras, that have to be rigged for full work, of course can be used bare for smaller periods of time but my GH5 experience, lightly rigged, is a pain to hold for a full working day. That Fuji has increased size and weight too. Even my NX1 which is a good 200gr less than GH5, it has to be on a monopod for bigger working days.

In this video, the silly Japanese are using all kinds of mounting and stabilized accessories (tripods, those with 3 legs, cranes, DJI gimbals, etc). The Japanese used to be die hard traditionalists though, maybe they will stick to those kind of relics for longer.

I like the new Fuji with the Fuji lenses, seriously, if those lenses were AF, I would consider the package. My other thought for a long time now, is a C camera with the 18-80 lens., that set up is still unbeatable for ease of use, speed and fast turn around times.

Add the extra weight/size, "big" hybrid lenses, Atomos recorder, battery grip (which that too seems quite bulky), matte box with extra nice filters, then you add a considerable amount of money, and load to carry in each location.

I am glad they are doing the right  things, I am not sure if those are enough.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
13 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

I like the new Fuji with the Fuji lenses, seriously, if those lenses were AF, I would consider the package.

Cine lenses with autofocus? Would be a first. It would be especially hard to realize, since Fujis autofocus uses focus by wire. 

But at least there is no an option to set the focus by wire to a linear response, something many with native glas have asked for. Other manufacturers will probably follow suit soon. 

13 minutes ago, frontfocus said:

Cine lenses with autofocus? Would be a first. It would be especially hard to realize, since Fujis autofocus uses focus by wire. 

But at least there is no an option to set the focus by wire to a linear response, something many with native glas have asked for. Other manufacturers will probably follow suit soon. 

There is a new generation of hybrid lenses that are possible only now, that AF systems are getting really good. Have you not use a Dual Pixel AF capable C camera before? 

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/lenses/cinema/compact-servo/compact-servo-18-80mm-t4-4-ef

@Django Ofcourse! I just mentioned the fact!

@IronFilm This is posted not a few posts back. You are not paying attention!

• Super Members

FUJI : "People loved the image of the X-T2 but didn't like it having no IBIS and having to record LOG to a separate recorder. They will be very excited at how we've addressed both of those issues when we launch the new camera"

Also FUJI : 

5a8568b266c3b_ScreenShot2018-02-15at11_56_42.thumb.jpg.a44694f11c826a9b8b922bcd3820198d.jpg

@BTM_Pix since you came back, all your posts are spot on! You brought some fresh air with you, from wherever you were! In the whole video there isn't any IBIS shot (it could be, but I am sure it hasn't), or internal recording.

Anyways, I agree with 

Matthew Allard ACS Newsshooter Team  Tristan Pemberton • 2 hours ago

Not a bad effort, but too many limitations in my opinion.

Don't see a lot of people outside Fuji ecosystem buying this. Probably Sony users will move to the A7sII for less money (it is already sold for similar money brand new), Nikon users are waiting their own mirrorless (there is a significant pool of Nikon users using Fuji as their mirrorless system), Samsung NX is dead - but we are not changing any time soon for lesser or equally good cameras, m43 crowd are better with their GH5 and GH5s's, and Canon, well, it's Canon, they stay Canon! 

• Super Members

Don't get me wrong, I'm not decrying them showing it off to its very best advantage but, come on, the actual camera itself is almost incidental within the context of the overall production setup they've got going on there.

Not only might it as well have been the X-T2 and been indivisible (as it informs us of zero about the two main differentiators) but it might as well have been something from their competitors as well.

Maybe there is another film floating around from them that shows it in a more relatable context ?

• Super Members
2 minutes ago, Brother said:

So. Extra video crop, no headphone jack and 15 minute record limit. For being targeted at video shooters they sure has a funny way of showing it. 

I’ll start hyping the X-T3 instead :) 

If only there was an option in the market that had those things. Sadly we have to get by with what's available.

• Super Members
26 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Regarding af cinelenses. One of the companies that makes electronic follow focuses are planning to implement AF in them. 

That means AF in every single lens ever made.

I meant to ask you this before but on a related note have you ever tried the Techart Leica M to Sony E AF adapter by any chance?

25 minutes ago, Django said:

@BTM_Pix  fyi XT2 doesn't shoot DCI 4K, 200mbps codec, 120Fps or has got Eterna film simulation. Besides i can see couple gimbal shots which may have IBIS on..

True and I'd completely missed that it was shot using the Eterna preset. Not sure about if it was recorded using the 200mbps codec or externally though. 

Anyway, the IBIS thing is covered well enough for me in that other video that I've just noticed further up in the thread.

I really need to pay more attention before posting ! :)