Canon 5D mark iii RAW video 2018

kidzrevil

On 25/02/2018 at 1:21 AM, kidzrevil said:

At 4K grain is awesome ! In 1080p its a macroblocked mess ! @kaylee

thinking about ditching my bmpcc and micros for a 5d3. How is the lowlight? And have you tried 60fps? Haven't used ml since i had an eosm. Trying to see if I can borrow this cam

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • 2 weeks later...

@kye I can’t share the in’s and out’s of it because it is for a service I offer my clients. I can say however it involves a very tedious process of employing the right combination of upscaling,noise reduction,sharpening & grain. If done right you can increase the perceived detail of the image and the bitrate when streaming online

4 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

@kye I can’t share the in’s and out’s of it because it is for a service I offer my clients. I can say however it involves a very tedious process of employing the right combination of upscaling,noise reduction,sharpening & grain. If done right you can increase the perceived detail of the image and the bitrate when streaming online

No worries whatsoever..  after all, clients are paying for skill and experience - not just equipment hire :)

On 3/16/2018 at 6:31 PM, kidzrevil said:

Not bad.  The 1080 does upscale to 4k nicely.  Here is a 3k to 4k upscale i did awhile back.  I still haven't found a camera that can match the color, detail, motion cadence of the 5DMK3 in raw unless I want to spend a fortune.  Canon could really truly rule everyone if they wanted.  It's such a tragedy.  :-(

On 3/19/2018 at 1:22 AM, jpfilmz said:

Not bad.  The 1080 does upscale to 4k nicely.  Here is a 3k to 4k upscale i did awhile back.  I still haven't found a camera that can match the color, detail, motion cadence of the 5DMK3 in raw unless I want to spend a fortune.  Canon could really truly rule everyone if they wanted.  It's such a tragedy.  :-(

Holy shit ! 0:24 seconds in and im already blown away by the detail !!!! What lenses did you use ?

19 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

Holy shit ! 0:24 seconds in and im already blown away by the detail !!!! What lenses did you use ?

Canon 70-200mm f2.8 II and I think the 24-70mm f2.8.  Definitely the 70-200 on the closeups.  The first 3 shot were mirror reflection shots.  If they could stabilize the live view the 5D3 would be a beast.

3 hours ago, jpfilmz said:

Canon 70-200mm f2.8 II and I think the 24-70mm f2.8.  Definitely the 70-200 on the closeups.  The first 3 shot were mirror reflection shots.  If they could stabilize the live view the 5D3 would be a beast.

Considering what you'd have to pay to get equivalent image quality, maybe there's budget for a gimbal in there? :)