Samsung NX2 camera release!?

lucabutera

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 2/5/2018 at 7:13 PM, Nicholson Ruiz said:

I'll believe it when I see it. This is too good to be true. 

Well we know that Samsung is definitely announcing the S9+ with one of these processors in about 2 weeks time Mobile World Congress in Barcelona Spain. The sad news for north Americans is that Qualcomm has a lock on our market as far as phone tech, and will not allow Exynos processors to be sold here.

According to The Korea Economic Daily, Qualcomm abused the ‘standard essential patent’ license to prevent Samsung from selling its modems and integrated chipsets for around 25 years. According to the source, this is considered as an unfair practice and has been confirmed by the Fair Trade Commission.

To recap, the Fair Trade Commission had decided to fine Qualcomm $865 million over antitrust violations, which stated that the company violated the law of competition, but the chipset manufacturer intends to appeal the decision.

If you want that phone and processor you'll have to get your hands on an international version. That being said, Qualcomm might have some new features slated for this phone as well. 

The phone is happening with similar specs in the rumor. As far as an NX2, like you I will believe it when I see it. 

On 2/7/2018 at 1:29 PM, Matthew Hartman said:

Well we know that Samsung is definitely announcing the S9+ with one of these processors in about 2 weeks time Mobile World Congress in Barcelona Spain. The sad news for north Americans is that Qualcomm has a lock on our market as far as phone tech, and will not allow Exynos processors to be sold here.

If you want that phone and processor you'll have to get your hands on an international version. That being said, Qualcomm might have some new features slated for this phone as well. 

Yeah I  live in the US and my Samsung Note 8 has Qualcomm processor in it. The Exynos one is defiantly the better one to have.

I can't do this Mod unless I have the Exynos one.

https://phandroid.com/2017/10/12/galaxy-note-8-4k-hdr-60fps-2k-video-recording/

5 hours ago, Kisaha said:

The rumor of a rumor, created a possible rumor!

Yep, it's predicated off the original rumor and this particular tech blog site has just gotten wind of it. Look, you guys know me by now, I love the NX1. But I refuse to get worked up in any sense or fashion over this rumor. If Samsung does it, they do it and we all will be pulling out those credit cards, if not, they don't, end of story. 

The ‘Mirrorless Rumors’ have reported that the company is internally testing on Samsung NX2 cameras which are believed to be the successor of Samsung NX1 that got unleashed in 2014. This could not a believable news to full extent, especially since Samsung, on several occasions, has been thought to have exited the high-end camera business.

This is incorrect. Mirrorless rumors reported that Samsung is testing an retrofitted NX1, which suggests to me even if they have an NX2 slated, it's not anywhere near development as it's own model. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, keessie65 said:

News, but when I translate it with google, I understand no word of it. What is this telling us? http://www.baojiabao.com/shuma/sm20180329105050089.html

and with some pictures! http://wemedia.ifeng.com/49049327/wemedia.shtml

According to foreign media reports, it is reported that Samsung will launch an NX2 anti-retro camera. Although it was said that it would withdraw from the camera field, it actually stopped sales in Europe and the United States, and this camera is only sold in South Korea. Although Samsung closed the camera division and handed everything to the mobile phone division, the non-reverse camera will be equipped with an Exynos 9810 processor. Yes, you read it correctly. This is the same model used on the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ smartphones. It allows Samsung NX2 to support 4K video in 120 frames and H.265 encoding format.

E045A33CF91A0BF5F6FBCC2F696A4C3C2EE31FD9_size44_w550_h436.jpeg

BAEA10C0D495A7A28075C02F30ECA0B0194E07D0_size54_w550_h366.jpeg

The form factor is...hmmm. And that OS looks like an older version of Android. And apps? 

April 1st comes earlier in Asia!

or should I say, the joke is on us? 

"According to foreign media reports" we are the foreigners, so the article is according to us!

This is some ancient prototype or something, by the way, it looks similar with the "Re-imagined", or whatever was called, recent S9 add, with the same 18-55 lens.

If S35 id be down but no tilt screen no Audio jacks? only released in Korea? Still it does seem more feasible and cost effective that they  would just slap existing phone tech onto their old NX mount.... I doubt it would look like that pic tho. It would be 80% Current Phone Stuff, 20% Leftover NX mounts...

And while they are at it they will go to the research basement and have a garage sale on the 50 NX 300mm lenses collecting dust in storage

image.thumb.png.cf692e7065c193452e53e063c4f5f0ac.png 

14 hours ago, Matthew Hartman said:

According to foreign media reports, it is reported that Samsung will launch an NX2 anti-retro camera. Although it was said that it would withdraw from the camera field, it actually stopped sales in Europe and the United States, and this camera is only sold in South Korea. Although Samsung closed the camera division and handed everything to the mobile phone division, the non-reverse camera will be equipped with an Exynos 9810 processor. Yes, you read it correctly. This is the same model used on the Samsung Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+ smartphones. It allows Samsung NX2 to support 4K video in 120 frames and H.265 encoding format.

E045A33CF91A0BF5F6FBCC2F696A4C3C2EE31FD9_size44_w550_h436.jpeg

BAEA10C0D495A7A28075C02F30ECA0B0194E07D0_size54_w550_h366.jpeg

The form factor is...hmmm. And that OS looks like an older version of Android. And apps? 

This is the "Samsung Galaxy NX" from June 2013 with Android 4.2 Jelly Bean.

http://www.samsung.com/global/microsite/galaxycamera/nx/

they are not coming with anything, this rumor is based on the rumors we have mentioned here already. It is amazing in the era of social media and "always-on-line" how rumors and fake news travel, and become a reality!

IF, and I say, IF ever try to make an NX2, I am sure it will be the most heavy spec-ed and future proof camera ever built!