NX2 rumors

salim

As I have 4 NX cameras and a set of native NX lenses, I thought I could chime in to express my views.

The system has served me well for many years (I started with an NX300 as my everyday-hobby camera), and I did use it as my professional entry level system (something I could never anticipate when I was buying the NX300, mainly for its 30mm 2f pancake, the "cheap" 12-24, the modern retro brown beauty of that camera, and a way to adapt my dozens of legacy lenses, just for fun).

The system still is sufficient for most of my hybrid needs, the 3 different form factors I have (APS-C pro mirrorless, which only Fuji has at the moment, entry level crash/family cam, and the unique NX500, a must have for anyone interested on the NX system) and that says a lot about something completely abandoned for at least a couple of years. The hack/mod scene gave it a breath of fresh air, and while people were changing systems, bodies (many extra batteries!), and mounts, we were experimenting with maximum bitrates on our modern H265 codec and had the pleasure to use one of the best zoom lenses ever made (S), a native brilliant fish eye (you have to go to m43 system for a native mirrorless fish eye lens), and all the other beauties and rarities (45mm, so good, so cheap!).

Whatever @Arikhan does, it doesn't matter to me. If it does anything at all, that would be great, and revive the interest and optimism about our (mine) cameras, probably give it another couple of years of self life. If it is just a joke (I always had the impression of a more mature person than his age would suggest, more mature than most of us, "old timers" here!), then never mind, I already got more than I have bargained for!

These cameras are offering excitement, even so many years after their release, while people have already forgotten/get rid of, cameras they bought last year! That is really something.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, Kisaha said:

As I have 4 NX cameras and a set of native NX lenses, I thought I could chime in to express my views.

The system has served me well for many years (I started with an NX300 as my everyday-hobby camera), and I did use it as my professional entry level system (something I could never anticipate when I was buying the NX300, mainly for its 30mm 2f pancake, the "cheap" 12-24, the modern retro brown beauty of that camera, and a way to adapt my dozens of legacy lenses, just for fun).

The system still is sufficient for most of my hybrid needs, the 3 different form factors I have (APS-C pro mirrorless, which only Fuji has at the moment, entry level crash/family cam, and the unique NX500, a must have for anyone interested on the NX system) and that says a lot about something completely abandoned for at least a couple of years. The hack/mod scene gave it a breath of fresh air, and while people were changing systems, bodies (many extra batteries!), and mounts, we were experimenting with maximum bitrates on our modern H265 codec and had the pleasure to use one of the best zoom lenses ever made (S), a native brilliant fish eye (you have to go to m43 system for a native mirrorless fish eye lens), and all the other beauties and rarities (45mm, so good, so cheap!).

Whatever @Arikhan does, it doesn't matter to me. If it does anything at all, that would be great, and revive the interest and optimism about our (mine) cameras, probably give it another couple of years of self life. If it is just a joke (I always had the impression of a more mature person than his age would suggest, more mature than most of us, "old timers" here!), then never mind, I already got more than I have bargained for!

These cameras are offering excitement, even so many years after their release, while people have already forgotten/get rid of, cameras they bought last year! That is really something.

Well said. And I think this is a very healthy way of looking at this latest NX development with Arikhan's claims.

Again, there's very little signaling to me through PM that would suggest Arikhan's claim is bullshit at this point, and furthermore what would he truly get out of stringing everyone along? A cheap laugh over most likely getting banished from this community and others? I'm not saying it's above some people, but I think most people wouldn't find much shelf life there.

I'm not totally sold of course, and I don't think Arikhan is operating under that assumption from anyone else either. He seems to understand it's his point to prove.

I think he's being careful to handle this the best and most diligent way he can. He's quite aware of the weight of what he's claiming and I've been very diligent in staying 100 with him, almost as a coach or mentor.

If what he claims is true, this goes way beyond eoshd. This is going to be hitting tech blogs on a global scale and Samsung is going to hear about it. The question is will they welcome this news with open arms?  It's their IP at the end of the day and Arikhan is under no illusions here. 

And when I say Arikhan is "young", I truly mean young. Despite his age, he seems pretty brilliant and I look forward to some examples should they materialize soon. 

No offense to Arikhan, but it is these hyperbolic statements that make me question this. To write code or figure something out that will be on all tech blogs radar and will affect Samsung’s IP is a pretty bold statement. It took a team of rather brilliant coders and a lot of time to figure out ML Raw and then write and crate MLV files... so as I said in the other thread... interested but skeptical.

17 hours ago, Matthew Hartman said:

You're taken for a ride every day of your life. We all are, in one area or another or many altogether. Ever been in a romantic relationship? 99% off them are predicated off of psychological and emotional codependency. Believe your nation's government truly has your best interests at heart? Heard of the world bank? 

Look, if we get fooled or suckered, it wouldn't be the first time. We are all suckers, this is just another day another dollar. I could think of worse things to get suckered into. 

Yea I know your right but I still feel the need to rebut because that's just the way I am lol.

1. A good working romantic relationship does work on psychological and emotional codependency and there is nothing wrong with that at all. You both depend on each other psychological and emotionally so that you can be stronger together than separate. Not sure this is what we are really talking about here but yes I agree.

2. I do not believe my nation(Canada) has my best interests at heart. I believe they have the whole nations best interests at heart which at times goes against my interests and at times goes with it and that is how good democracy works. The problem is too many people just take things at face value and don't think for themselves which makes it too easy for a small group of people to convince a larger group of people that they have shared interests case and point with the Republicans in the US. They have successfully convinced a very large group of poor to middle-class people that they share the same interests as a small group of rich elites and corporations and that they should do things like remove regulations that were put in place to protect them.

3. Yes, I have heard of the world bank and all the issues with unregulated banking. All the more reason to be skeptical of people and their possible nefarious motives.

2 minutes ago, mercer said:

No offense to Arikhan, but it is these hyperbolic statements that make me question this. To write code or figure something out that will be on all tech blogs radar and will affect Samsung’s IP is a pretty bold statement. It took a team of rather brilliant coders and a lot of to figure out ML Raw and then write and crate MLV files... so as I said in the other thread... interested but skeptical.

As a software/tech designer I work side by side with teams of developers from the top ecolons of the trade.

It doesn't always take a whole team of people to explore different technical approaches to solving unique challenges. In fact in my experience R&D teams are a small niche group made up of brilliant, yet socially awkward folks.

When I designed the main interaction models of the Xbox One, we had 5 people on our team. Five people's work stretching across a million consumers at the end of the day. In fact, I would go as far to say that design by committee is a detriment to true progress. 

I believe it's entirely possible that Arikhan is intelligent enough to crack this on his own. At least develop a baseline that them needs some refinement. 

I'm not challenging your skepticism. It's healthy. I'm just letting you know it doesn't always take a huge team to create wonderful things. 

3 minutes ago, Matthew Hartman said:

As a software/tech designer I work side by side with teams of developers from the top ecolons of the trade.

It doesn't always take a whole team of people to explore different technical approaches to solving unique challenges. In fact in my experience R&D teams are a small niche group made up of brilliant, yet socially awkward folks.

When I designed the main interaction models of the Xbox One, we had 5 people on our team. Five people's work stretching across a million consumers at the end of the day. In fact, I would go as far to say that design by committee is a detriment to true progress. 

I believe it's entirely possible that Arikhan is intelligent enough to crack this on his own. At least develop a baseline that them needs some refinement. 

I'm not challenging your skepticism. It's healthy. I'm just letting you know it doesn't always take a huge team to create wonderful things. 

Oh I agree, but I cannot imagine this was something he just started yesterday or last week, so to mention it now, and not then, seems odd. And now it’s being dangled in the air like a carrot. It’s just odd is all. It reminds me of the build up to the GH5s. It was so secret, yet grandiose that the reality couldn’t live up to the conjecture. I have a feeling it’s a roundabout way at Rawesque video and not necessarily uncompressed cdng.

But I will add that I do not think it is malicious at all. I believe he figured out something cool... just maybe not what we think it may be... or hope it may be. 

8 minutes ago, mercer said:

Oh I agree, but I cannot imagine this was something he just started yesterday or last week, so to mention it now, and not then, seems odd. And now it’s being dangled in the air like a carrot. It’s just odd is all. It reminds me of the build up to the GH5s. It was so secret, yet grandiose that the reality couldn’t live up to the conjecture. I have a feeling it’s a roundabout way at Rawesque video and not necessarily uncompressed cdng.

But I will add that I do not think it is malicious at all. I believe he figured out something cool... just maybe not what we think it may be... or hope it may be. 

I'm a brutally honest person. From what I can tell so far (which isn't much more than anyone else) he seems to be on to something legit but I'm gathering the means to get there may be challenging for many of us to follow. I think this is where he truly desires my help. 

35 minutes ago, MountneerMan said:

1. A good working romantic relationship does work on psychological and emotional codependency and there is nothing wrong with that at all. You both depend on each other psychological and emotionally so that you can be stronger together than separate. Not sure this is what we are really talking about here but yes I agree.

Codependency is unhealthy. It states, I cannot survive in any capacity without another person, which is clearly a self delusion.

The only time codependency is healthy is a parent/young child dynamic. But even here, the goal is to ween towards independence. 

What you're talking about is interdependency, not codependency. Interdependency is when you are in a relationship that enhances your existence, yet does not define it. It doesnt become your core identity but you fully acknowledge and accept this role in your life. You are a willing participant rather than a victim of it's trappings. This is where unconditional love exists, and is very rare in romantic relations. 

Sadly, 99% of "love" relationships are codependent in structure and expectation. And though some people are complicit and mutual in that illusion of true love, (known as taken for a ride) it doesn't take much for the relationship to crumble when someone changes the priorities around, hence the astronomical divorce rates. Marriage, as most of is know it, is merely a contract of self and exclusive interest. For the state it's even more nafarious.

The truth is you don't NEED anyone else but yourself to survive on any level unless you're a young child. But you can desire to be in the company and companionship of others as a matter of conscious choice, if that makes sense? 

It is unfair that most of the people demand "proof" or otherwise, do not belong in the NX community (e.g do not own an NX camera). I would take their posts with tons of grain of salt.

The NX community has taken a different and less mainstream turn through the "hardship" years. We do not care for "fast results, fast", we can wait for another week, that the poor guy asked to prepare his whole concept.

Certainly @Arikhan, and whoever, do not owe us a thing, and that's it. He could just as easily never said a word, and experiment on his own and with his closest friends

Whatever he achieves, even the slightest improvement, would be a huge win, or not. That doesn't changes a thing for me and a few others.

12 minutes ago, Matthew Hartman said:

Codependency is unhealthy. It states, I cannot survive in any capacity without another person, which is clearly a self delusion.

The only time codependency is healthy is a parent/young child dynamic. But even here, the goal is to ween towards independence. 

What you're talking about is interdependency, not codependency. Interdependency is when you are in a relationship that enhances your existence, yet does not define it. It doesnt become your core identity but you fully acknowledge and accept this role in your life. You are a willing participant rather than a victim of it's trappings. This is where unconditional love exists, and is very rare in romantic relations. 

Sadly, 99% of "love" relationships are codependent in structure and expectation. And though some people are complicit and mutual in that illusion of true love, (known as taken for a ride) it doesn't take much for the relationship to crumble when someone changes the priorities around, hence the astronomical divorce rates. Marriage, as most of is know it, is merely a contract of self and exclusive interest. For the state it's even more nafarious.

The truth is you don't NEED anyone else but yourself to survive on any level unless you're a young child. But you can desire to be in the company and companionship of others as a matter of conscious choice, if that makes sense? 

Codependency and interdependency are the same thing. What you are calling "codependency" is actually dependency.

Redefining terms to suit yourself does not negate someone else's argument just because they used those terms.

And btw, you do need other people to survive, no one is an island. If you doubt that, try discarding everything made by someone else then walking off into the woods some day and see how long you last without any sort of input from anyone else (and that includes all the tools they have made). No doubt there will be the odd one or two people who would be able to survive solely by their own hand, but almost everyone would die in short order. There is a TV program called "Naked and Afraid" that tries to look at that as entertainment, and if you have ever watched that show it becomes immediately clear that almost everyone in the modern world, even self proclaimed "survivalists", would be dead within a month if left solely to their own devices without any assistance whatsoever from other people.

57 minutes ago, Mokara said:

Codependency and interdependency are the same thing. What you are calling "codependency" is actually dependency.

Redefining terms to suit yourself does not negate someone else's argument just because they used those terms.

And btw, you do need other people to survive, no one is an island. If you doubt that, try discarding everything made by someone else then walking off into the woods some day and see how long you last without any sort of input from anyone else (and that includes all the tools they have made). No doubt there will be the odd one or two people who would be able to survive solely by their own hand, but almost everyone would die in short order. There is a TV program called "Naked and Afraid" that tries to look at that as entertainment, and if you have ever watched that show it becomes immediately clear that almost everyone in the modern world, even self proclaimed "survivalists", would be dead within a month if left solely to their own devices without any assistance whatsoever from other people.

I don't share my views to negate other's. I simply offer up another in road to a consciousness much bigger than mine. 

Yes, in the physical material sense, absolutely. Even introverts like myself desire physical companishionship on some level, albiet maybe less than others. And terms of practicality, we live within an ecosystem. Granted.  

But more metaphorically, to know your true nature you need nothing but being aware of your own thoughts and sensations. If you can sit, breath and watch your thoughts eb without  judgement or labeling you will understand "who" you truly are, which has very little to do with self, let alone other selves. 

In my younger years I sat and meditated for 10 days straight. Obviously with breaks to eat, sleep, etc. I spoke with no one else the entire time. It was just me, my breath and my thoughts. I learned so, so much, which stays with me some 15 years later. I reccomend it. 

On 3/24/2018 at 6:44 AM, Matthew Hartman said:

If what he claims is true, this goes way beyond eoshd. This is going to be hitting tech blogs on a global scale and Samsung is going to hear about it. The question is will they welcome this news with open arms?  It's their IP at the end of the day and Arikhan is under no illusions here. 

How will Samsung react?

Best case scenario: NX2!!
Worst case scenario: Samsung's lawyers get a fat paycheck and are kept busy.

2 hours ago, IronFilm said:

How will Samsung react?

Best case scenario: NX2!!
Worst case scenario: Samsung's lawyers get a fat paycheck and are kept busy.

Both have 0.2% to happen. I could say the second has minus(-)80% to happen!

Samsung lawyers are busy fighting Huawei and Apple (which have lost most battles anyway), they do not even give a damn abouy anything NX related, especially a hack/mod that will affect a few hundrends the most.

The people there talk to dozens of thousands, or even hundrend, anything less they do not even care.

On 3/23/2018 at 10:44 AM, Matthew Hartman said:

Huh? For a camera that was killed off years ago? Outside of a few video gear forums and Samsung's small remaining user base that would have an interest in a camera hack (a very small subset of actual users, much like Magic Lantern), this won't register at all. Even then few outside of current NX users will care. There are plenty of other options from systems that haven't been shuttered. The bitrate has been hacked for some time and that didn't have Samsung's mighty legal team descending upon hack users. The hyperbole and debate around this is comical.

SMH.

Chris

2 hours ago, Trek of Joy said:

Huh? For a camera that was killed off years ago? Outside of a few video gear forums and Samsung's small remaining user base that would have an interest in a camera hack (a very small subset of actual users, much like Magic Lantern), this won't register at all. Even then few outside of current NX users will care. There are plenty of other options from systems that haven't been shuttered. The bitrate has been hacked for some time and that didn't have Samsung's mighty legal team descending upon hack users. The hyperbole and debate around this is comical.

SMH.

I think what's comical are people posting their certain legal opinions without having an international law degree. That's what I call hyperbole. 

There is no debate here. Arikhan says he can get RAW, and the burden of proof lies in him, however when he's good and ready and feels comfortable he's legally protected. This is on his time table, not yours or mine. 

Again, he's not obligated to do any of this, nor share his results with any one of us. This fact seems to escape some of you quite often. Let's just say the approach has been less than strategic, let alone welcoming.

Rest assured, the baiting and bullying is NOT working. FACT. 

Do you own an NX1? 

22 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

WTF are you talking about, baiting and bullying? I've done no such thing. Get a grip.

Are you following the thread at all? Do you honestly believe I'm speaking directly just to you, or perhaps am I using your post as a spring board to make a bigger point?

I'm a big picture guy. My grip is rather strong, as is my level of literacy and comphrehension. 

1 hour ago, Matthew Hartman said:

Are you following the thread at all? Do you honestly believe I'm speaking directly just to you, or perhaps am I using your post as a spring board to make a bigger point?

I'm a big picture guy. My grip is rather strong, as is my level of literacy and comphrehension. 

If you're quoting me, you're addressing me. I would think you'd be aware of that with your self professed levels of literacy and comprehension. 

Cheers