Canon 1DC in 2018

Hitfabryk

7 hours ago, padam said:

No. You essentially have a 1DX with crop factor modes like a 1.3x APS-H Cinema 4k MJPEG mode and a 1.5x s35mm 1080p ALL-I mode (and fake 1080p 60p FF) with unlimited recording and C-Log. That's all.

You need to crop in further on the 1.3x crop C4k (losing a lot of information in the process) and de-squeeze it manually. This camera is not meant to use like that in today's age.

No, there is absolutely no hack on the 1DX, and there will never be.

Well I know that with any/all cameras that have a 4:3 mode that can get set to 1.3 or 2x squeeze -- you do have to manually desqueeze in post.

But nonetheless this 1DC doesn't even have a 4:3 mode (at any resolution or crop factor), let alone an in camera desqueeze display option for monitoring in camera. Dang.
Please confirm/clarify.

What is the best camera out there in the DSLR lineups of brands that give this option: 4:3 mode, x2 squeeze, and in camera dequeeze display for monitoring on the liveview?

Really wish a Fuji camera (apsC or medium format) has this option, but other brands will do as well. Yet, Do not like the idea of going to a smaller sensor size that ApsC.
Perhaps my ML'd 5Diii still is the best option... since it does have all these options and shoots at 14bit raw at 2.66 in 3.5K....I believe it still gives a working liveview while recording... but I don't know if you can take Stills while set on this Video mode... likely it would just revert to 16x9 stills (which is SO dumb)

If I were to go smaller then ApsC... does that new Black Magic camera coming out around $1200 have these shooting options?

I just really love the Fuji color science and/or the Canon Picture profile options in camera 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
10 minutes ago, Robinhood said:

Well I know that with any/all cameras that have a 4:3 mode that can get set to 1.3 or 2x squeeze -- you do have to manually desqueeze in post.

But nonetheless this 1DC doesn't even have a 4:3 mode (at any resolution or crop factor), let alone an in camera desqueeze display option for monitoring in camera. Dang.
Please confirm/clarify.

What is the best camera out there in the DSLR lineups of brands that give this option: 4:3 mode, x2 squeeze, and in camera dequeeze display for monitoring on the liveview?

Really wish a Fuji camera (apsC or medium format) has this option, but other brands will do as well. Yet, Do not like the idea of going to a smaller sensor size that ApsC.
Perhaps my ML'd 5Diii still is the best option... since it does have all these options and shoots at 14bit raw at 2.66 in 3.5K....I believe it still gives a working liveview while recording... but I don't know if you can take Stills while set on this Video mode... likely it would just revert to 16x9 stills (which is SO dumb)

If I were to go smaller then ApsC... does that new Black Magic camera coming out around $1200 have these shooting options?

I just really love the Fuji color science and/or the Canon Picture profile options in camera 

You can check Phlip Bloom's 1DC review, it pretty much covers and also illustrates everything. No, there is no desqueeze option and the aspect ratios are not designed with anamorphic shooting in mind.

I would look into a GH5 or the GH5s with the multi-aspect ratio sensor, but I'm sure that there are other options as well but this mode that you would prefer is supported best with these cameras.

10 hours ago, Robinhood said:

Go for GH5/GH5S, the multi aspect ratio sensor will almost almost give you similar FoV to what APS-C gives you