Panasonic G6 vs GH2 video test!

Julian

Sorry.  Know I am beating an old thread.  But does anyone know the battery life on the G6 in video mode?  Also I heard that it doesn't tell you the remaining battery time like the GH2?  Is this true?

Battery life is good. It tells you remaining battery life if you use Panasonic batteries. Some 3rd party batteries it won't.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

battery life is better than my gh2 (uses the same battery)

I have some 3rd party batteries and it tells you the remaining on them too and flashes red when they are low like my panasonic batteries

so shop around for ones that work like that

• 6 months later...

Im still using G6 and GX7 too (although we did just drop one of our G6's in a river!! I can tell you they are not water proof haha!)

I use Natural colour profile in the day time with contrast at -3 and saturation at -3 , then at night I use a custom saved version of Natural with contrast at -5 and saturation at -5

at night I shoot 2500k outside and day interiors 4000k for a warmer skin tone look under tungsten lights.

(David Fincher does this - House of Cards, Zodiac, Dragon Tattoo all 4000k interiors)

• 2 months later...