GH5S Sample Footage and Reviews

DBounce

Emanuel, once I was maybe...thanks :-)

Did you see any test that I've made with my C200? I still have compatibility problems with Angelbird 512GB Cfast Card, quite often the camera doesn't recognize the card. I'm in contact with the original dealer, to change it. Next months when I will have all the stuff that I need to buy, and finished the storyboard, I will shot something.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
13 minutes ago, Danilo Del Tufo said:

Did you see any test that I've made with my C200? I still have compatibility problems with Angelbird 512GB Cfast Card, quite often the camera doesn't recognize the card. I'm in contact with the original dealer, to change it. Next months when I will have all the stuff that I need to buy, and finished the storyboard, I will shot something.

No, I did not : ) Any link to?

13 minutes ago, Danilo Del Tufo said:

I had problems with my v90 SD card from Angelbird for the GH5. I returned it to them and received a new one in two weeks.

4 minutes ago, Danilo Del Tufo said:

Unfortunately no, I was interested about GH5, but the C200 seems a lot better so I've bought it. The problem with C200 is the weight, very difficult to use handled.

Now I'm interested in the upcoming Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K.

That footage you just posted looks seriously oversharpened, harsh, contrasty and jittery. I suppose it would be difficult to achieve those results with the GH5, so I think you made the right choice.

1 minute ago, jonpais said:

That footage you just posted looks seriously oversharpened, harsh, contrasty and jittery. I suppose it would be difficult to achieve those results with the GH5, so I think you made the right choice.

Thanks for reply. I was evaluating for a lot of time, what camera should be better. This footage looks over sharpened because I've used Magic Bullet Looks, and it added a bit of sharpening in post. Another problem is that the Magic Bullet suite cause an error in Premiere CC2018, so the software will show a system error.

This is the second test that I've made, but it's overexposed:

1 minute ago, Danilo Del Tufo said:

Thanks for reply. I was evaluating for a lot of time, what camera should be better. This footage looks over sharpened because I've used Magic Bullet Looks, and it added a bit of sharpening in post. Another problem is that the Magic Bullet suite cause an error in Premiere CC2018, so the software will show a system error.

This is the second test that I've made, but it's overexposed:

Maybe it would be best to post your footage in the C200 thread or in the Shooting thread. This happens to be the GH5s Sample Footage thread. Thank you.

11 minutes ago, jonpais said:

Maybe it would be best to post your footage in the C200 thread or in the Shooting thread. This happens to be the GH5s Sample Footage thread. Thank you.

Yes, I've already posted the footage into C200 thread, well I think it's interesting comparing various cameras in the market! :-)

This footage coming from GH5s, I've found today and I think it's good example from the camera:

1 hour ago, Danilo Del Tufo said:

This is my third TEST with EOS C200 in RAWlight: 

Uh, I hope this in not representative footage for c200? I don't know about Canon evolution, but this image has no anything similar with wonderful examples that posted, say, @mercer?

Just now, anonim said:

Uh, I hope this in not representative footage for c200? I don't know about Canon evolution, but this image has no anything similar with wonderful examples that posted, say, @mercer?

It's very difficult to achieve good quality with C200, it's not a camera where you point and shoot. It requires a lot of knowledge about it, my previous camera was an old Panasonic HPX170 so I need to understand more deeply how to achieve good footage.

15 minutes ago, anonim said:

Well, he already said he used Magic Bullet Looks to correct it and admitted he shouldn’t have. I also think this was a hard time of day to shoot... no matter what the camera. That harsh, mid afternoon light is never flattering.

His second example is much better, even with the harsh, mid afternoon sun. 

I will agree with him, that it is nice to see different camera footage posted and I look forward to seeing what he can do with the footage as he grows more accustomed to the camera.