GH5S Sample Footage and Reviews

DBounce

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
32 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

I think this test for follow focus isnt great. The GH5s uses CDAF only (contrast detect) and the point of highest contrast is the action figures eyes - so it isnt likely to stray. Now if he moved around the 'hammer' instead of the action figure and it followed focus I would be more impressed but my guess is that as the hammer got close to the action figure it would stray to the action figure.

3 hours ago, fuzzynormal said:

Is that a problem?  Color is always manipulated.

Not a problem at all if you do it in a way where you're not concerned about the skin being a strange shade of unsaturated orange, and everything else is just very noticeably off. I speak from experience of having simply thrown a teal and orange LUT on footage and I just think it's a shame as the piece is otherwise very nicely put together. It's also hard to judge footage when the colour is uniformly 'off'.

2 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Not a comparative but I find the other one above-posted by me much more interesting though... :-)

Yes, it’s very interesting. I think there is a lot of potential to this camera. If I was in the position that I could only have one, I would handily choose the GH5s over the GH5. Not that I ever look at my GH5 and think it’s not great, but I am constantly away of it’s limitations. I will not have my GH5s until next week Wednesday. I am looking forward to this camera.

45 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Yes, it’s very interesting. I think there is a lot of potential to this camera. If I was in the position that I could only have one, I would handily choose the GH5s over the GH5. Not that I ever look at my GH5 and think it’s not great, but I am constantly away of it’s limitations. I will not have my GH5s until next week Wednesday. I am looking forward to this camera.

4/3" format is well demanding more than any other larger one, like night and day, you can drive in one of those directions between a more cinematic way exploiting glass routes such as those supplied by friendly speed boosters or fall in the videoish category instead... GH5S versus the GH5 standard as comparative tools in one line : D so to speak ; )

But, as we all know it is everything in the pilot's hands no matter what : ) That said...

^ here's a fine example of that :-)

What puzzles me is the poor photography men apply or achieve with the excuse based on available light when should even be a way further more demanding circumstances for improving framing -- truly B-factor, as for instance, though;

seen, on the contrary, in that NY footage above instead... 

(just my two cents anyways, E :-)