Tough (easy) Sony A7R3 Question

Phil Parkinson

Hi Guys,

I have a Sony A7R3 and I can't figure out how in "M" mode to display the resolution and frame rate that i have dialled in for video. On the A7S2, you just click "disp" a few times and it pops up on the top of the screen. So I can't figure out what frame rate or resolution I'm shooting in without digging into the menus. It sucks.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

Page 6/9 of shoot menu 2 in main menu

You will find option called "DISP button"

Check "Show all info" box and select Enter to confirm the change.

Now you can cycle with DISP and in one mode it will show everything inc. video mode codec, etc.

11 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Page 6/9 of shoot menu 2 in main menu

You will find option called "DISP button"

Check "Show all info" box and select Enter to confirm the change.

Now you can cycle with DISP and in one mode it will show everything inc. video mode codec, etc.

Actually the display all info page on the A7riii doesnt show the video settings when in PASM unlike the A7rii which does. See pic.RPWC-20180203-P1000032.thumb.JPG.bf284bf074b8ead20063342dc64a1c89.JPG

• Administrators

Just tried on mine and there is no way to get it to show the codec and frame rate on that screen.

A work around is to set 4K/1080p and other key video settings like frame rate to the custom My Menu, which shows what they are set to when you hit the menu button.

Or just shoot in video mode and save stills mode to Custom mode dial slot 3, giving you ability to quickly toggle between the two side by side on the mode dial?