Add Filters to Kowa Prominar 16?

Kasper Mols

I recently invested in this Kowa lens, and I have been in love with it ever since, it is razor sharp, focusses fine and not too heavy. It doesn't flare extremely, but that might be the fault of the FD lens?

14maozq.jpg

I am looking for a way to adapt an VariND filter to this setup, so I can start to shoot close to wide open, while keeping the shutter speed on 1/50.

I went to the camerastore and no filter size would fit, although it does have a thread.

Any tips? The filtersize is around 46-47mm.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I would highly recommend a Redstan front filter clamp.

If you need an 'emergency' or temporary solution I would suggest putting multiple passes of PVC black electrical insulation tape around the front ring area to build up a diameter, then firmly (but carefully) push on a large step ring that gives you a thread that you can then attach a VariND or other filters to. It is not a substitute for a proper clamp, but can work well if the step ring is wedged on there nice and tight.

It looks like you have a Redstate clamp on there so just get the filter clamp and you are all set. It is a 72mm which my diopters fit and then get cheap step up rings for like 72-77 or 72-82

redstate clamp more like shit state :)

that back clamp  is a vid china job

• 5 years later...