C200 - some thoughts

hmcindie

39 minutes ago, Damphousse said:

Now DPAF is a different animal.  5 years ago you would be ridiculed as an amateur for even requesting any kind of autofocus.  Now the "pros" tell us it is impossible to shoot a documentary without it.

Oh? I'd be curious to hear who has said this. I'm mean, maybe for gimbal work. But if I heard this from a doc shooter, I would send them home to their mother.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, JordanWright said:

Hopefully so - a mini 4k c100 essentially 

Yeah, that would be pretty epic. The latest rumor I read was Canon may put out two versions... one with an EF mount and one with an EF-M mount. Hopefully they’ll release the two with different sensors... the ef-m with the one inch sensor and the EF with a S35mm... the EF version may just be the sequel to the C100ii everybody has been waiting for.

Either way it seems like Canon could have an interesting year. 

1 hour ago, User said:

Oh? I'd be curious to hear who has said this. I'm mean, maybe for gimbal work. But if I heard this from a doc shooter, I would send them home to their mother.

You are over analyzing a hyperbolic joke.

The point is "pros" are sh-tting all over the GH5 because it lacks a feature they used to ridicule amateurs for enquiring about.

Don't get me wrong.  I love DPAF.  It is just I've always found "pro" autofocus snobbery amusing.

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:15 AM, Robert Collins said:

I seriously doubt it. The multi-aspect sensor is how the pixels are distributed and not the physical size of the sensor. The GH1 had a multi-aspect sensor and it had exactly the same size sensor as all the other M43 cameras. It was sporting an extra 100,000 pixels though.

OK this is a pretty good explanation about the size difference I was talking about.