Canon to make major mirrorless presentation in Feb

Aussie Ash

according to "canon rumors"

Canon is sending out “very elaborate” invites to select dealers and VIPs for a mirrorless camera announcement next month.

The invitation was described as being very high end, printed on heavy glossy paper and showing a silhouette of a camera shaped like the EOS M6 with a hole cut out (similar diameter to a dildo)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Obviously Canon pushes everyone to EF lenses (Sony took a good lesson from this Canonikon approach). Never did much for EF-S, nor M.

The 22mm, 11-22mm, kit lens and a 55-200 are just perfect for most amateur's uses. M bodies aren't capable for pro jobs anyway, so no point in professional grade EOS M lenses. In my opinion Eos M system can be all an amateur want. For me, was never an option, because of the limited eco system. Even the dead NX is miles ahead. That hole probably is a full frame sensor.

Well obviously the thing we all want and hope to happen is a full frame M mount mirror-less with the option to also mount EF glass. Then they’d have a full line of lenses to choose from and maybe a new standard as well? I think it’d be a waste of space to put a true EF mount on a mirror less body because the amount of space needed to simulate where the mirror goes. 

Last chance for Canon. Either they make a great and competitive FF mirrorless camera or they gonna go down the toilet. If Canon decides to ditch the EF mount without a proper adapter, they'd better offer the best camera ever because Canon users won't be tied by their lens collection anymore.

6 minutes ago, OliKMIA said:

Last chance for Canon. Either they make a great and competitive FF mirrorless camera or they gonna go down the toilet. If Canon decides to ditch the EF mount without a proper adapter, they'd better offer the best camera ever because Canon users won't be tied by their lens collection anymore.

Well Canon already beat Sony on Mirrorless sales with lame arse attempt, why would they need to move their arse this time?

OK, maybe I am stupid or something, but...

Why does canon need a full frame mirrorless anyway???

I shoot Sony (a6500) and really the fact that it is mirrorless is pretty unimportant to me.

If Canon came out with a new 80D MK II that had good 4K resolution like the a6500 or the GH5 and good low light performance and that sweet dual-pixel AF and a nice h.264 codec, I would probably sell my Sony gear and buy it.

IDK.

17 hours ago, mercer said:

Yes but in that mirror space, they could include a hefty ibis system or internal NDs... who am I kidding... Canon won’t do either. 

They could make the most epic internal filters system EVER!!

But seriously, you don't even need a deep EF mount for that. You can have NDs in even mirrorless mounts. (such as AF100 or FS700)

• Super Members
On 2018-01-22 at 7:50 PM, OliKMIA said:

Your right. They are just the largest and most successful manufacturer of both mirrorless and DSLRs with huge profits. But this announcement must appeal to a OliKMIA or they are done. Because they are one single customer short of bankruptcy.

Whatever anyone says and believes, Canon is still the top camera and lenses manufacturer in the world. A lot of people underestimate that!

Sony has to do the catch up, and with the prices they put on their lenses - and  ambiguous build choices on them (electromagnetic AF, weatherproofing, servicing cost), offer Canon more time to strike back.

Nikon, on the other hand, they need some fresh air. They are not as big as Canon is, and their other divisions are just fewer and less profitable. 

@Mark Romero 2I thought that the benefits of mirrorless vs dSLR were pretty obvious. What is the point of a mechanical construction with a mirror, between you and your photos/videos? I have abandoned dSLRs since 2014, and never going back.