Sony A7R3 users - THROW AWAY YOUR CANON LENSES!

Andrew Reid

On 3/4/2018 at 4:39 PM, Holger said:

Not my experience, in fact, I fully disagree. Metabones (version IV od V) works better than MC11 for _stills_, esp. in AFC. The Sigma adapter is restricted to the central portion of the VF, whereas I can use eye focus and tracking over the full screen with Metabones (green mode). Performance is not as good as with native glass, but very close. Many modes are fully supported. This is consensus in all the different forums I look into, too.

Big difference for video... not so good.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
17 hours ago, Asmundma said:

Big difference for video... not so good.

Which one for video is not so good?? Ahh, I guess you are saying the Sigma is not so hot. That sucks, it is half the price! But isn't neither one of them so hot for video, yeah I can see both good for Photos.

Speaking of that, has anyone used the Sony Alpha Adapters on a say A7s with much success using Alpha lenses? There is some damn good, cheap Alpha lenses on Amazon that would be sweet if they worked worth a damn. Most are Zeiss to boot.

9 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Which one for video is not so good?? Ahh, I guess you are saying the Sigma is not so hot. That sucks, it is half the price! But isn't neither one of them so hot for video, yeah I can see both good for Photos.

Speaking of that, has anyone used the Sony Alpha Adapters on a say A7s with much success using Alpha lenses? There is some damn good, cheap Alpha lenses on Amazon that would be sweet if they worked worth a damn. Most are Zeiss to boot.

Yes I bought a Sony A mount 135 f1.8 and the Laea 4 adapter (the one with the translucent focus mirror.)

There are 2 problems...

1) Because you have a mirror you have to make micro af adjustments for the lens rather like with a DSLR. I found this an incredible pain (never having owned a DSLR) and simply could not get my photos critically sharp - was it the lens? was it the af adjustment? So I didnt use it much and then sold it.

2) The af points are clustered in the center of the frame...

12159142243_863e1541eb_o.jpg.9d4fd528eb01f6a91ff3c96511d2a709.jpg

...its usable of course but is well short of an A7x experience. In fact the whole af experience feels 5 years old.