Casey Strikes Again.

webrunner5

11 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Less one-line URL posts to shitty clickbait news articles.... and more camera tests from YOU guys. Make your own content.

If you do take time over it, you'll post less... but better quality. Just a thought.

Are we allowed to post videos we made in the forum for (hopefully) constructive criticism?

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Do think tech is discussed from an experience standpoint. How to shoot more efficiently, how to overcome certain problems we might be facing. It's only just partly gear nerding for the sake of it. And of course, otherwise, the community regulates/dictates what it wants to see. If that's mainly tech related... that's just what you get, but of course anyone is welcome to shape it the way they want and add their own twist.

On 1/19/2018 at 11:55 PM, Cinegain said:

I think the number of threads I've openend in my history of EOSHD can be counted on one hand... or one finger even.

You'll need more than one finger. You'll need three fingers! So yup, one hand is plenty with fingers to spare. 

On 1/20/2018 at 12:41 AM, Oliver Daniel said:

Some people are just really unsure, because choosing the right camera as a beginner, is overwhelming and daunting. 

I can still remember the daunting task I had of choosing my first ever DSLR (the Nikon D50) and choosing my first ever camera to film with (Panasonic GH1).

20 hours ago, mercer said:

Yeah but the problem is people on this site seem more interested in the main forum where the tech is discussed than the shooting sub-forum where creativity is showcased.

I kinda like that this forum just mostly has a "main forum", as I've seen too many other forums decline if they try to split off into too many minor subforums to try and cater to every possible niche. 

15 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

Sub forums kills forums.

Exactly. 

Sub forums only make sense once you get to a very high traffic volume. (such as say dvxuser had, but then they made waaaaaay too many sub forums, which is now killing it. So even if a website does have the traffic volume to support sub forums, the extra sub forums should still be added in at a sensible pace which matches the rate of the growth of the overall forum size. )

Your thread is just about guaranteed to go down in flames in the Sub Forums on here. Sad fact. Well unless it is in the Anamorphic thingy. And even it probably has been answered 50 times already. Not a Lot new coming out very often involving Anamorphic that any Normal person can afford.

• 3 weeks later...

Hope he grills him hard (but Casey won't...) on demonetisation of YouTube video, also how YouTube is hiding and removing many videos (particularly obnoxious is how heavy handed YouTube is with copyright "violations", fair use isn't getting a fair chance at all!).

https://torrentfreak.com/musicians-white-noise-youtube-video-hit-with-copyright-complaints-180105/

Unbelievably fvcked up enforcement of "copyright" by YouTube! It is way waaaaaaaaay too unbalanced at the moment, in the hands of the so called "copyright holders" rather than the power being in the users themselves. 

• Super Members
On 2018-01-20 at 12:23 PM, mercer said:

Yeah but the problem is people on this site seem more interested in the main forum where the tech is discussed than the shooting sub-forum where creativity is showcased.

Exactly, put the footage in the main forum, title it "test" and we will watch it. If a thread gets moved to a subform we never see it again.

29 minutes ago, Mattias Burling said:

Exactly, put the footage in the main forum, title it "test" and we will watch it. If a thread gets moved to a subform we never see it again.

I've tried this and Jon moved it to a sub forum even though I wrote extensively on why it was a test, what I was testing, and what I discovered through the process. 

I then asked the moderators in a thread to clarify what I needed to do to not be moved to irrelevance but that was quickly deleted. 

• Super Members
39 minutes ago, Jonesy Jones said:

I've tried this and Jon moved it to a sub forum even though I wrote extensively on why it was a test, what I was testing, and what I discovered through the process. 

I then asked the moderators in a thread to clarify what I needed to do to not be moved to irrelevance but that was quickly deleted. 

He used to post them in the lenses thread. So maybe trying your luck there.