Casey Strikes Again.

webrunner5

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I keep a tab open on the main forum index, that means old topics get flushed out by new ones to the 2nd page. If we have everybody opening a topic for each article they found interesting, there's no conversation anymore. I mean, if you want to start a single blog kind collection thread where you post all the articles that you find interesting, that's cool. But likely, we all come around the rumor sites, news sites or subscribe to these channels if that had interested us already. So... when we have that out of the way, we can come here and discuss our own experiences, like you say, help and inspire eachother, you know, human interaction, rather than a flood of posted articles.

And yeah, of course, what this guy says:

Now I could've dropped that video in it's own topic... but I didn't.

Oh noes, it's the max police! Haha, nah, I mean, it's alright, everyone can do whatever they want of course. It's not my place to say what one can or can not do, just a friendly request, I just came back from being out and about and I just noticed all these new threads. One after another. Maybe a little exaggerated response from my side, but just my 2 bitcoins of course.

And Andrew is under a non-disclosure agreement and he doesn't want to slip up, I bet that's all. :grimace:

28 minutes ago, Cinegain said:

I keep a tab open on the main forum index, that means old topics get flushed out by new ones to the 2nd page. If we have everybody opening a topic for each article they found interesting, there's no conversation anymore. I mean, if you want to start a single blog kind collection thread where you post all the articles that you find interesting, that's cool. But likely, we all come around the rumor sites, news sites or subscribe to these channels if that had interested us already. So... when we have that out of the way, we can come here and discuss our own experiences, like you say, help and inspire eachother, you know, human interaction, rather than a flood of posted articles.

Sounds like a plan. I don't want to piss anyone off on here. I want people to learn new stuff. We are Not the experts on everything on here. I would argue that every Video on here that shows a test of the GH5s, or a DJI drone, etc. etc. is a link to a Blog, even people that are on here all the times Blog!

But I will stop, let things just go the way it has been going, and well, not sure.

10 hours ago, Cinegain said:

If we have everybody opening a topic for each article they found interesting, there's no conversation anymore. I mean, if you want to start a single blog kind collection thread where you post all the articles that you find interesting, that's cool.

Yeah if you find yourself doing multiple new threads each week, then maybe pause and consider if any of those can be consolidated into a few less threads. 

Then again if you're making less than one new thread per week, then what the hell, just make that new thread! :-P 

heres a fun idea:

ive long thought that we should have a miscellaneous thread for all *kinds* of stuff that you dont want to put in its own thread – theres things i want to share that might not deserve their own topic – and i appreciate the spirit of the voices who echo that

so, if we could have a pinned thread like that, i *absolutely promise* not to post pictures like this (i made this btw)

tumblr_p2sg4caiiC1u0cxmro1_1280.jpg

@webrunner5 (lol thats seth rich)

That would be kind of cool. Like an oldschool 'chatbox'. Back in the Netherlands on some forums we have certain 'slow chat'/SC topics for that especially.

I think the number of threads I've openend in my history of EOSHD can be counted on one hand... or one finger even.

It could be a different segment, even. Like not interfere with the usual affairs of the main forum, but has its own place of "Curiosities of artistic interest" or whatever. I do agree with Cinegain more or less. I do leave a tab open at all times and too many threads confuse my limited-tasking brain!

17 hours ago, Cinegain said:

And yeah, of course, what this guy says:

The guy in this video is right by what he says, however there's something missing from his argument. 

Most gear talk and hype and all that is a waste of time and a huge distraction from the actual purpose of doing, yet there are times when camera A could offer dramatically better results than camera B with the desired job it fulfils. Some people are just really unsure, because choosing the right camera as a beginner, is overwhelming and daunting. 

The main message though, he's absolutely right. Yesterday i filmed a studio shoot, and straight away I realised i didn't have enough lighting, and I started adding new lights into my virtual shopping basket in my head. But i had to work with it, used the knowledge I had with lighting and cameras and delivered a decent result. 

With Casey, I'm not an avid follower but I enjoyed this particular video very much. The editing was clever and the message came through strongly.

@webrunner5 - I think the "new topic" is justified as it's a topic that offers great discussion and debate. 

When someone (=Neistat) says that, after a lot of soul searching, he realized that filmmaking is a sport, not an art for him, kudos to him . 

But I personally don't want to have anything to do with that attitude - and hope that it  will never take over forums like this one here.

Yeah but in 10 years, who knows, Hollywood maybe a former shell of it's self. There is no real good reason for it to exist much longer in reality. This Harvey Weinstein thing is just the tip of the Iceberg out there. Hollywood has been a Sleazy place since the beginning with the Casting Couch thing, and worse. And oh, no doubt it has been a two way street. Not every woman out there is innocent as hell past and present. I lived in Florida for 12 years, and what women did to try and find some old man to hope to marry, and hope they died in 5 years or less was crazy. In the news nearly every day down there.

But in this day you know 10 years from now You Tube or Vimeo, something else will be the New Hollywood. Why does it take 200 million dollars to really make a movie in this day?? Come on. I am aware you can't do a lot of that yet at home, but hell 10 years from now I would almost bet you will be able to. 

Other than shooting on film almost anyone now can rent or Buy a Cine camera that can make a Big time movie. Right there tells you the end is near. An old Arri Alexa has enough DR right now to get the job done, and has been doing it. We Don't need 6k, 8k. Not that many people even go to a huge movie theater anymore. It is mostly kids, and they don't know crap about video perfection.

Casey Neistat Is right. He is the future, not Harvey Weinstein and people like him! Harvey doesn't know it , but he is making it happen even faster.

Very true this...Todays "perfection" is NOT perfect imagery and cinematographic perfection - it's just action / emotion / information / entertainment, etc. Nowadays cinema screen is the smartphone or tablet...And NOONE (OK...not true, I mean 99,9 percent of young audience) cares about "color science" and 300% punch ins...

Do I personally like this? For sure not...But we can't refuse to face reality...

18 minutes ago, Arikhan said:

Very true this...Todays "perfection" is NOT perfect imagery and cinematographic perfection - it's just action / emotion / information / entertainment, etc. Nowadays cinema screen is the smartphone or tablet...And NOONE (OK...not true, I mean 99,9 percent of young audience) cares about "color science" and 300% punch ins...

Do I personally like this? For sure not...But we can't refuse to face reality...

Yeah I am not fond of it in reality either. There probably will be no more type "Gone with the Wind" special films. They will be cookie cutter types, but I am sure with bigger home TV's and special effects in them they may prove to be pretty exciting I would hope. But nothing is going to match a Crazy over the top well done movie in the theater.

• Administrators
On 18/01/2018 at 7:33 PM, maxotics said:

Let's not shoot the messenger? He's already short one eye :) What the heck is happening with EOSHD?  I get the sense Andrew is burnt out.  Not that I don't sympathize.  It seems consumer video has reached a plateau.  

I don't appreciate this comment.

And I agree with @Cinegain

Less one-line URL posts to shitty clickbait news articles.... and more camera tests from YOU guys. Make your own content.

If you do take time over it, you'll post less... but better quality. Just a thought.