Ultra wide angle for GH5: native or adapted?

Grégory LEROY

15 hours ago, Grégory LEROY said:

- I f I understand, you need Sony to M43 adapter + this sony focal reducer adapter = stacking, isn't it?

Oh very sorry, only very hastily read @ntblowz post! So when he said "14mm Panasonic pancake" I thought he meant the specific adapter for that. 

Anyway, even with the one he said, there is still no MFT to E mount adapter at all?! As you're using a screw on wide angle, direct onto the front of the lens. 

And the one I use is the Panasonic DMW-GWC1. But yup, the Sony VCL-ECU1 could achieve the same result in the end. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Sorry...typing mistake, I meant "but as my 12-60 already gets me so wide"...I would recommend that if possible you try the Leica 12-60 at a shop...you will be surprised at how wide 12 on the GH5 is. If you're looking to get ultra wide in a truly economical way, I've linked the SLRMagic 8mm below...at f4 but only $176 and no adapter needed....and it's tiny. You also don't need a Speedbooster....the mount is m4/3 already.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1322738-REG/slr_magic_slr8m4_8mm_f_4_lens.html

19 minutes ago, Fritz Pierre said:

Sorry...typing mistake, I meant "but as my 12-60 already gets me so wide"...I would recommend that if possible you try the Leica 12-60 at a shop...you will be surprised at how wide 12 on the GH5 is. If you're looking to get ultra wide in a truly economical way, I've linked the SLRMagic 8mm below...at f4 but only $176 and no adapter needed....and it's tiny. You also don't need a Speedbooster....the mount is m4/3 already.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1322738-REG/slr_magic_slr8m4_8mm_f_4_lens.html

Nothing but love for that glass has OIS and when combined with GH5 its run & gun lens and yes its wide as Fu*&^%:grin: