Panasonic GH5S Timecode might be majorly flawed

IronFilm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, IronFilm said:

What other options do you have in the settings of each?

You're sure you have the FPS set to exactly the same in both?? (none of these 24 vs 23.97 mistakes)

Thanks again, IronFilm. My configuration of both devices is the one that appears in the photographs. Now I have updated both mixpre (v7.14) and GH5s (v2.x) to the latest version and it seems that I only suffer from drop frames fron the beginning of jamming. 2 or 3 frames of delay currently, which seems to stay in time. So now I don't have that drifting so visible to the naked eye, but those lag frames make post syncing unfeasible. Now it occurs to me to try a new mini hdmi cable that is faster (2.0, 18gbps with ethernet?) To see if things improve. Also, I don't know how the drop frames function is activated in the camera, nor do I know what the Ubits of the sound devices are ... So I will continue to try things and listen to the advice you give me. People like you make this community so great. Thank you

IMG_20211030_110325.jpg

IMG_20211030_110300.jpg

IMG_20211030_110021.jpg

Well, I just found the solution to my problem. The Drop Frame (DF) option on GH5 must be activated to compensate for the delay of the HDMI connection. The point is that I used PAL system frequency and under this frequency the DF cannot be activated. So you just have to switch to Cinema or NTSC frequency system to unleash that option.

IMG_20211030_224829_edit_2914584678184430.jpg

Glad you seem to have sorted it out!

6 hours ago, Grimor said:

The point is that I used PAL system frequency

But you showed earlier that the MixPre3 was set to 30fps?!

18 hours ago, Grimor said:

IMG_20211030_110021.jpg

If you run into trouble again, would you mind posting this in English please? So I can read what it says. 

17 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Glad you seem to have sorted it out!

But you showed earlier that the MixPre3 was set to 30fps?!

If you run into trouble again, would you mind posting this in English please? So I can read what it says. 

My bad, sorry. 

This is the options that works for me. 

Drop Frame (DF) only can be selected on NTSC (60hz) system frecuency.

Usually I get the exact time, or only 1 frame dropped. 

About selecting frame rates on both devices, it seens not possible or necessary when using the hdmi protocol. Sound weird but is autodetected or always running/counting 25fps. 

16357118707378774867317106996637.jpg

It's a shame, because the camera is able to send and receive timecode continuously. This can be seen during the TC Link process (in and out) the TC operates continuously. Once it is paired, it starts working independently. It would be software fixable in an update if they had the will.