GH5s no-IBIS alternative

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I am very intrigued of this. I am still on GH4. Sometimes I use a gimbal but as I prefer shooting anamorphic thats could be as solution as I think IBIS is a problem anyway?
 Hmmm... why is the workflow cumbersome?

Found it in the FAQs - it is somewhat cumbersome!:confused:

51 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

Alert!

A lot of the footage looks suspicious. Of the very few videos on vimeo, you can see some obvious fakes. In one of them the stabilized footage has a wider FOV than the shaky footage. Not nice. So, alert!

Didn't check the official footage, but that one apparently comes from some user, so it should be reliable enough, no? :-)

41 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Didn't check the official footage, but that one apparently comes from some user, so it should be reliable enough, no? :-)

Posted example is interesting. Please note in the uncorrected raw footage,  how there is almost no up and down shake in the y-axis above and below the model. Looks like filmer used the GH5 in stabilized mode on accident,  rotating it on the z axis mostly. Ups and downs above and below the model look good enough in the raw footage already.

I don't think there's anything strange on videos like this one here:

https://vimeo.com/244689449

Besides the fact the owner seems pretty legit:

https://vimeo.com/worksmanuelpalma/videos

As much as the previous one BTW...

They've just added their shaky side-by-side sample only not sync with. That's it. Hence to look like wider. Yes, it is. Not TC sync there.

The first user also had some parts to really scream for a stab hand so...

Everything seems fine to my eyes so far. Even though I had seen only those.

If it would not be in sync,  there would not be much sense in posting. Even if not in sync, same 10mm lens and still wider fov on the stabilized footage. So this is wrong. I´m leaving this thread at this point now to leave space for others to discuss this and  so I don´t cause this thread to bloat like the GH5s thread did.:) cheers

No worries. The point here is all about the product as fair alternative to the lack of IBIS on GH5S, not exactly these samples. If they give a fair idea of the outcome, it's not exactly a big deal to present themselves or one of them even if non-sync anyways. That said, we can extract the good part and respective findings from there.

I also don't concur the shaky section of the previous example posted here could have been shot with IBIS on GH5 by accident as you wrote. If for a few part you may find it acceptable, that's merely merit by the camera operator hands of his setup circumstances; not else to my eyes. If so, we'd have a much more interesting solution beyond the native scope of this thread to even address footage shot on IBIS, go figure! : ) Sorry buddy but that's what they fairly tell me :-)

For some reason you are suppose to use a fairly wide angle lens when using it. It does look interesting. And price is certainly cheaper than a normal Gimbal, and looks less Dorky using it LoL.

44 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

If it would not be in sync,  there would not be much sense in posting. Even if not in sync, same 10mm lens and still wider fov on the stabilized footage. So this is wrong. I´m leaving this thread at this point now to leave space for others to discuss this and  so I don´t cause this thread to bloat like the GH5s thread did.:) cheers

Come on Panny We were hoping you would be the Ginnie Pig to buy it first and tell us about the results. :grin: