DJI Ronin S

Dave Maze

Moza air 2 around 500 if you use the offer on eBay. At least that's what I got it for. I like that it's easy to adjust on the move and a tiny bit lighter. 

I'm keeping both for now, waiting to try GPS module for Ronin.

If I didn't shoot from anything motorized I'd get the moza air 2 because it's faster to adjust with the built in screen and has many different modes available very quickly, not to mention cheaper and lighter. I do wish the grip was detachable as well as the focus wheel, and the mount for the lens support is stupidly small wtf. Also the sport mode shakes alot but I never use that mode. But overall very good for run and gun.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 hours ago, GreekBeast said:

Discount is over but i think i'm gonna pay for full price, what does the competition offers? I'm using a gh5 with 18-35 sigma 

The 18-35 may be a bit heavy. I do have that combo but haven't tried mounting it yet. It's not so much the total weight but the amount of mass away from the  center that the motors may not be able to control as quickly as a lighter lens. 

30 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

I posted on the other thread as well. What do you see?!

If I don't hold one in my hand i can't tell, although im coming from a ronin m then the ronin s would be a more logical option but this guys comparison is really terrible. He should have tested with the same cameras. The a7iii has ibis and bmcc does not, also weight difference and two different operators. He also failed to mention that ronin s is compatible with the gh5 for the autofocus. Anyway i will research a bit more. 

Just now, GreekBeast said:

If I don't hold one in my hand i can't tell, although im coming from a ronin m then the ronin s would be a more logical option but this guys comparison is really terrible. He should have tested with the same cameras. The a7iii has ibis and bmcc does not, also weight difference and two different operators. He also failed to mention that ronin s is compatible with the gh5 for the autofocus. Anyway i will research a bit more. 

I agree, but I see the movement on the Ronin is much nicer. I got the Ronin S during Xmas, received it yesterday and just charged the ?!! 

There is a gimbal manufacturer I can't disclose any details for now because of some negotiations to run at this moment. It is the only one able to mount the motor either on left or right for best use along the P4K.

1.2kgs is also one of the lightest gimbals you can find within the 3-4kgs range for payload. Without mention a most affordable price target to match the deal.

Anyone interested for further information please feel free to reach me via PM.

E : -)

38 minutes ago, JordanWright said:

is it a new manufacture or existing brand? 

A new existent player but still unknown. I've personally picked them for offering the best deal along P4K. More to come next days. Just pending from some current negotiation. I can only guarantee AFAIK it is the best commitment for the P4K from a few tests already conducted.

9 hours ago, Emanuel said:

A new existent player but still unknown. I've personally picked them for offering the best deal along P4K. More to come next days. Just pending from some current negotiation. I can only guarantee AFAIK it is the best commitment for the P4K from a few tests already conducted.

Sounds great, please share more info when you can! i've been looking for a while to pick up a gimbal to replace my trusty glidecam for the P4K 

• 1 month later...

Does anyone have any hands on time with Icecam Tiny 3 Vision?

https://www.icecam-gimbal.it/en/home-page-icecam-gimbal-2/

I’m looking for a small, packable gimbal with a payload in the 2.5-4kg range.

I’ve seen reviews in Italian on YouTube and one of them has someone with a A7iii with a 24-700 f4 and it looks rock solid. That’s around a 2kg load.

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, Cat said:

Hi there

I've had the Ronin S for about 3 months and have got very little stable footage from it.  EG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4YpT-FuEHA

Sent it back and the store said they found no problems with it.  DJI support just tell me to try different strength settings but no better really.  So I'm left with it being my technique - does a gimbal smooth out hand jitter I'm confused.

Ronin S is my first gimbal btw and my set up is light 1.2kg

thank you for any help

I think the light weight of the camera is causing your issues.

You still have to learn how to walk appropriately with the duck walk, and you have to calibrate it before each use. I have both the Ronin-M and the Ronin-, and I've used the S&M (excuse the pun) with the GH5S and I've only used the S1H on my Ronin-S. I've got excellent footage with them both, but the extra weight of the M really helped keep the footage smoother. Now that the S1H is significantly heavier and has built in IBIS, the footage coming off of the cam looks like it's on rails!

On 1/9/2020 at 4:21 PM, Lux Shots said:

I think the light weight of the camera is causing your issues.

You still have to learn how to walk appropriately with the duck walk, and you have to calibrate it before each use. I have both the Ronin-M and the Ronin-, and I've used the S&M (excuse the pun) with the GH5S and I've only used the S1H on my Ronin-S. I've got excellent footage with them both, but the extra weight of the M really helped keep the footage smoother. Now that the S1H is significantly heavier and has built in IBIS, the footage coming off of the cam looks like it's on rails!

Sorry if double replied twice I was mistaken for a bot for a little while.  Thanks for reply Ronin returned - still can't figure out the jittery/wobble on panning I think I'll just have to practice a bit more.