Hey YouTube and Facebook - time to stop burying the good stuff with wall-to-wall bullshit

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I know this thread is mostly about the content that YouTube chooses to promote in terms of exposure,  but today there has been a lot of rumbling on YouTube and around the internet about the internet browser, Brave, and Basic Attention Token.

I reckon it's worth mentioning here because it seeks to cut out middlemen like YouTube to make a better advertising experience for both creators and advertisers. The browser blocks all ads and third party scripts, then users can choose to watch ads to receive BAT, which they can then distribute to the owners of their favourite blogs, youtube channels, etc.

It's a really fascinating idea. It blew up a bit today because they're giving away $5 worth of BAT to everyone who signs up, which must be distributed to your creators of choice in 90 days.

Read more about Brave here: https://brave.com/million/

And if you're a creator, you can sign up to receive BAT here: https://publishers.basicattentiontoken.org/ 

Just in case, no, I am not affiliated with this company. I just think it's a cool idea.

1 hour ago, maxmizer said:

however I can not understand all this excitement for this stupid boy.
Where I live, it is the same Italian state that publishes killings, people laughing for the dead after a tragedy, and much more, without any restraint or compassion !!!

Uhhh...  Yeah.  I think you proved our point.  We are definitely not trying to go the Italian way.  Despite the best efforts of the Orange Führer some of us in America would like to hold on to at least a shred of our former dignity.

On 1/12/2018 at 7:08 PM, webrunner5 said:

You have eaten too many Avocados LoL.

Lots of my fathers relation live, and lived there, and one of my my daughters does now. She is a Psychiatrist. She says she could Never run out of patients in Calif.. She is stinking  rich off of them.They are all crazy, and so it Jerry Brown, Really crazy, even my relation now, and my daughter, well She Has Changed!. I have seen it all first hand lots of times.

Please succeed from the union before you slide into the ocean and I have to help pay to bail you out! JK,, ehh I think.

PS: I am a Republican. So you see the conflict.

But they do have some damn nice Video stuff on Craigslist out there!

Jerry Brown is a great Governor....for someone like you and the other republicans who think Roy Moore was good for the senate, what a bunch of Hypocrites..really? a child molester,, but your party is the "Christian one"jajjja, , We would be more than happy to succeed from the union but Dotard and all the rest of welfare states like the one you live in, and other ignorant red states  who are more than happy to get money from the federal govermnet.....money that has been taken from us tax payers from California....I want our tax to be used only in California , no more welfare red states...

Seems like your daughter already opened her eyes....she is not watching Faux news 24/7 and living in the Fake News reality. fox new is the REAL FAKE NEWS...you know that right??? 

the president is who needs a Psychiatrist now!!...THE WORST PRESIDENT IN THE HISTORY OF THE US!!, A LIAR IN CHIEF, RACIST NARCISSIST, CONMAN, ETC ETC.

and please do not come to California ever, we don't need you, we don't want you here...trumptards must stay at trumpland.

Noam Chomsky: Republican Party is the most dangerous organisation in human history.
'Has there ever been an organisation in human history that is dedicated, with such commitment, to the destruction of organised human life on Earth?' 

4 minutes ago, tigerbengal said:

Jerry Brown is a great Governor....for someone like you and the other republicans who think Roy Moore was good for the senate, what a bunch of Hypocrites..really? a child molester,, but your party is the "Christian one"jajjja, , We would be more than happy to succeed from the union but Dotard and all the rest of welfare states like the one you live in, and other ignorant red states  who are more than happy to get money from the federal govermnet.....money that has been taken from us tax payers from California....I want our tax to be used only in California , no more welfare red states...

Seems like your daughter already opened her eyes....she is not watching Faux news 24/7 and living in the Fake News reality. fox new is the REAL FAKE NEWS...you know that right??? 

the president is who needs a Psychiatrist now!!...THE WORST PRESIDENT IN THE HISTORY OF THE US!!, A LIAR IN CHIEF, RACIST NARCISSIST, CONMAN, ETC ETC.

and please do not come to California ever, we don't need you, we don't want you here...trumptards must stay at trumpland.

Noam Chomsky: Republican Party is the most dangerous organisation in human history.
'Has there ever been an organisation in human history that is dedicated, with such commitment, to the destruction of organised human life on Earth?' 

Now you see what I mean about California LoL.Yikes.

22 hours ago, Damphousse said:

Uhhh ... Sì. Penso che tu abbia dimostrato il nostro punto. Non stiamo sicuramente cercando di seguire la via italiana. Nonostante i migliori sforzi dell'Orange Führer, alcuni di noi in America vorrebbero conservare almeno uno straccio della nostra antica dignità.

But only Berlusconi with George W. Bush is true...the rest is fake :-)

On 18-1-2018 at 10:44 AM, TARS said:

I know this thread is mostly about the content that YouTube chooses to promote in terms of exposure,  but today there has been a lot of rumbling on YouTube and around the internet about the internet browser, Brave, and Basic Attention Token.

I reckon it's worth mentioning here because it seeks to cut out middlemen like YouTube to make a better advertising experience for both creators and advertisers. The browser blocks all ads and third party scripts, then users can choose to watch ads to receive BAT, which they can then distribute to the owners of their favourite blogs, youtube channels, etc.

It's a really fascinating idea. It blew up a bit today because they're giving away $5 worth of BAT to everyone who signs up, which must be distributed to your creators of choice in 90 days.

Read more about Brave here: https://brave.com/million/

And if you're a creator, you can sign up to receive BAT here: https://publishers.basicattentiontoken.org/ 

Just in case, no, I am not affiliated with this company. I just think it's a cool idea.

Yeah, that's an interesting concept, saw Philip DeFranco mention that.

We also might see people migrating away from YouTube altogether. Then you get this sorta stuff:

https://about.d.tube/

Crypto incentive

D.Tube aims to become an alternative to YouTube that allows you to watch or upload videos on IPFS and share or comment about it on the immutable STEEM Blockchain, while earning cryptocurrency doing it.

Resistant to censorship

Because of the decentralized nature of IPFS and the STEEM blockchain, D.Tube is not able to censor videos, nor enforce guidelines. Only the users can put a censorship, through the power of their upvotes and downvotes.

A fair platform

On DTube, there are no hidden algorithms controlling the visibility or monetization of certain videos over others. All of DTube's data is public, and can be analyzed by anyone with an internet connection.

Ads free

To deliver the best user experience D.Tube runs without advertising. Users remain free to advertise any product or service they would like, directly inside their own videos, at their own risk of losing their subscribers.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree that Facebook and YouTube have abdicated their editorial responsibilities. If they want to simply pass along other people’s content, fine, but at least have the decency to vet that content to ensure it meets some basic standards.

The Russian trolling of public opinion was a quite disturbing example of what can happen when companies like Facebook shirk their responsibilities.