Panasonic To Announce GH5 Variant In January

DBounce

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Some more GH5S specs have been leaked: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:nTmLu6vItjcJ:www.techradar.com/news/the-lumix-gh5s-is-panasonics-most-video-focused-camera-yet

Does the new multi-aspect ratio sensor mean it will use a larger surface area than the GH5 while shooting video?

No mentions about IBIS in the article. 

5 minutes ago, UncleBobsPhotography said:

Some more GH5S specs have been leaked: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:nTmLu6vItjcJ:www.techradar.com/news/the-lumix-gh5s-is-panasonics-most-video-focused-camera-yet

Does the new multi-aspect ratio sensor mean it will use a larger surface area than the GH5 while shooting video?

No mentions about IBIS in the article. 

Same old shit AF. Bravo Panasonic!

No IBIS according to attached image. Truly disappointing. Wtf seriously.. biggest technology step back I have seen on a new camera for some time.

CC926D7C-5760-467F-96F0-95C348C97717.jpeg

3 minutes ago, jonpais said:

So - multi-aspect sensor, timecode, C4K 60p, pre-installed V-Log, an extra stop of low light... ?

Must have missed where they specified 1 extra stop of low light? I think it will be more than that. I also will miss the IBIS. If this new sensor was so amazing to warrant skipping this feature, then it had better be on hell of a performer.

3 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Must have missed where they specified 1 extra stop of low light? I think it will be more than that.

They extend the ISO range by 1 stop, but that doesn't necessarily tell us anything about how much noise improvement there is.

With bigger pixels, multi-aspect ratio (potentially larger sensor area) and dual native ISO, the difference could be substantial.he 

Without IBIS, the GH5s will not be relevant for me, but I guess it will be the cheapest way to get good quality Cinema 4k in 60p for those who need that.

So the new sensor is 10.2mp. So why call this a hybrid camera. Surely at this resolution this is really a dedicated video camera. Speaking for myself I cannot imagine taking this camera along if I wanted to also capture stills that I might print.

This seems to be a cinema camera. Granted one that should be great in low light. Pending amazing footage and motion cadence I will buy one. But I wonder if the G9 should replace my GH5? Better stills, AF, size/weight. G9/GH5s?

No wonder why Casey tested it and dropped it for Canon. The guy couldn’t care less about C4K, but no better AF and losing IBIS ? I guess he laughed. Despite DPAF I would never use the 6D2 as he does though. Such a poor image quality. Even on YouTube 1st video he posted with the 6D, I thought something was super wrong and checked the YouTube video resolution because I thought I was 480p....

Anyway I am happy at least the GH5 and this one will push competition for the better thanks to features like 4K60p. Always good. 

Correct. As I said somewhere else I am supper disappointed at companies segmenting and crippling bodies to protect another line. 

Canon is the worst with that. Sony the best and Panasonic was good, but here they clearly removed purposely a feature just to say look there is still a reason to buy a GH5... 

ridiculous way of doing business.

But it works. And the reason it works is simple, you will see people here answering me that I am foolish and expect having everything in a camera, and that no company offers 4k60p for 2000$ bla-bla-bla. Yes sure with people praising company even doing that, it will never stop. 

Go to a Canon forum tell them how Canon cripple their DSLr to protect Cine line and see how they will jump at you like angry dogs. 

2 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

Correct. As I said somewhere else I am supper disappointed at companies segmenting and crippling bodies to protect another line. 

Canon is the worst with that. Sony the best and Panasonic was good, but here they clearly removed purposely a feature just to say look there is still a reason to buy a GH5... 

ridiculous way of doing business.

Well let’s be honest, at 10.2mp if shooting stills, you would want a higher resolution anyway. This is a one trick pony, not a hybrid... regardless of the form factor.

48 minutes ago, DBounce said:

So the new sensor is 10.2mp. So why call this a hybrid camera. Surely at this resolution this is really a dedicated video camera. Speaking for myself I cannot imagine taking this camera along if I wanted to also capture stills that I might print.

This seems to be a cinema camera. Granted one that should be great in low light. Pending amazing footage and motion cadence I will buy one. But I wonder if the G9 should replace my GH5? Better stills, AF, size/weight. G9/GH5s?

That was my idea going into this. Basically makes the GH5 obsolete. No need for a hybrid when you can have one dedicated stills cam that shoots video rather well and to have a dedicated more cinema-like camera for shooting the way we used to do with the 5DmkII, T2i/550D, GH2, BMPCC etc. Emulating the approach of a cinema camera, but with a compact, relatively affordable consumer (easy to operate) camera. So... now I have the GH5 and G9, then I'll ditch the GH5 for the GH5S.