Hacked GF2 - the $300 digital cinema camera

Andrew Reid

• Administrators
[html]

[img]http://www.eoshd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/gf2-olympus-12mm.jpg[/img]

The Panasonic GF2 may be a small camera but the hack is big news. Now GH2 shooters can get a 2nd body for next to nothing and have a b-cam that shoots at the same bitrate and same format, with the same lens mount and the same sized sensor.

[url="http://www.eoshd.com/content/7074/hacked-gf2-the-300-digital-cinema-camera/"]Read full article[/url]

[/html]

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
Compared to 60D (which = 7D, 600D of course) the GF2 with hack is pretty similar overall. Colour and shadow detail is better on the Canons though.

Remember however the big advantage of GF2 over those is the more adaptable mirrorless lens mount.

Hello AReid, I hope you can answer this.  I'm quite new at this, but referring to your article on lenses and the GF2...
[i]
"2. Use a lens with a manual aperture ring, that the camera cannot control electronically"[/i]

Knowing that I would need a mount adapter, but would a legacy lens [b]Canon EOS F 50mm[/b] work on it?

ideally you think every photographer would always be critical when changing lenses or condition awareness.  just scarier to buy used (sensor) digital cameras.  its not necessarily like the all analog days, but ı guess at this price point its worth the risks. thanks for sharing

• 2 weeks later...
I am an American camera user (NTSC).  I use my GH2 usually in 24p.  If I use my Gf2 as a B-cam should I shoot in 30p?  Is there a way to shoot in 25p and use some sort of wrapping tool.  I am new to this and cannot figure out how to mix gf2 footage with the GH2.  Also if I shot gf2 footage alone and not to be used with GH2 can I shoot it in 25p and later conform it to a useable NTSC format?  Thanks for any help on this.