Does anyone shoot in B&W?

mercer

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Since movies are supposed to be a magical representation of our reality, there's always going to be a place for B&W.  The lack of chroma makes it inherently unique and other-worldly.  Because there's not as much visual data as with color, the frame focuses the viewer's attention to other aspects of the image.

If you like cinema, it's really hard not to like what B&W gives you.

I'm biased, I guess, because I've always been a fan of old movies and my dad let me use his darkroom when I was a kid.  Developing cheap B&W film was quick and easy.  Shooting a roll a day with a high-schooler's part-time-work wages was doable -- and a ton of fun.

• 1 year later...

BW challenge. Let's do it! Cinema verité. Bring your internal stabs, your gimbals, your Sony A7CII to overcook and move and shake with some camera apparatus style moves or lock it on you 20kilo monster tripod. Do it cool, do it fun. Have fun! Be brave but behave!

This could be a filming challenge again, after the last one in 2019!

Internal BW. Who is with it?

If it looks as valid on a GF3 it will certainly kick ass on a GX85. I would prefer to use a camera from GX85 and G7 on due to their solid 4K image and codec and for HD at least a GH3 with its 50mbit Long Gop in HD. GX has some nice bw profiles with adjustment of color hues. G7 I could check but a bit too lazy now.:) S line would be unfair but compelling to try out. All 709 profiles of course.:) Filming in vlog and turn down saturation after 709 conversion and sofore without possible colour manipulation could be a fair handicap for simulating a bw log profile. Of course no colour work permitted before 709 conversion.😊