Kinefinity Terra 4k has landed

Raafi Rivero

14 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

I am not too sure about that. I didn't work in the TV industry when Digital came out but I still had friends there I knew. I don't know what country you live in but here in the United states the Federal Government Made the TV industry switch to Digital. Yeah Had to make them do it.

Even third world countries have all digital TV.  Who in their right mind would watch analog TV in 2018?  For the vast majority of consumers out there their clearest, least compressed, most high resolution image available is government mandated digital TV.  The sad thing is most people don't even realize it.  When I cut the cord and put my antenna up I was shocked at how much better the government mandated free option is compared to the oligarchy satellite or cable option.  I've never actually heard anyone complain about digital broadcast TV.  If indeed any business resisted this I am glad if the government put them out of business.

And think about it. They had to Broadcast in Analog until the day they had to switch to Digital!! And they next day rip all the Analog out and throw it away. They had equipment stacked up damn near in in the Restrooms to make it work.

Lol.  Someone was winding you up.  TV stations happily broadcast digital AND analog simultaneously for YEARS.  It wasn't an overnight thing.

Television station owners will celebrate a stunning political victory this week when President Clinton is expected to sign a budget measure that lets them keep two TV channels for years to come.

http://articles.latimes.com/1997/aug/04/business/fi-19226

And because of it there is hardly a Independent TV station left in the United States. They all got bought up by 3 or 4 conglomerates that fired some of the old timers, they made the most money, and bought in a bunch of new people that didn't know their ass from a Hole in the ground for hardly any money.

I doubt that is true.  There is consolidation across the economy and widening pay disparity.  The trends with local TV stations match up perfectly with the trends across the entire economy and in the media sector specifically.  There is this thing called the internet and it is sucking up ad dollars.  Revenue across all traditional media is down.

And as far as consolidation is concerned welcome to America...

The stock pickers among you have fewer than half as many stocks to choose from as you did 20 years ago.

No wonder it’s getting harder to construct a portfolio that does better than a broad-market index fund.

As you can see from this chart, the peak came in the late 1990s, when there were more than 7,300 of publicly traded U.S. corporations. Today, the number is hovering around just 3,600.

This dramatic reduction undoubtedly has been caused by a combination of factors, and many of them have been widely discussed. One cause is that startups are waiting longer than ever before to go public. Another is the increased number of mergers and acquisitions.

But another factor that has received less attention has perhaps the most profound implication for you as a stock picker: We are moving into what Dartmouth College engineering professor Geoffrey Brown calls the “winner take all” economy—an economy that is increasingly dominated by a relatively few large players.

The investment implication is that if a company isn’t one of the few winners, it may very well not survive.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/this-incredible-shrinking-stock-market-is-bad-news-for-this-type-of-investor-2017-06-09

It's funny.  This phenomenon was happening right under our noses but most of us couldn't step back and see the big picture.  People come up with explanations they understand given their narrow life experience, but in fact the phenomenon is happening throughout the entire economy.

I just don't see TV stations, Networks doing this HDR, 6k, 8k shit again. It just about Bankrupted them before, they can't keep changing this fast.

Networks are nowhere near bankrupt.  They are some of the most sought after assets in the stock market.  Hardware producers are a commodity.  Look at the fate of once mighty Cisco.  Content is king.

And the government's role?  If I were you I would be concerned about the current administration rolling back decades of regulation and allowing unprecedented levels of consolidation and shuttering of local stations...

In the spring, soon after he lifted a cap on how many stations a single company can own, the Sinclair Broadcast Group announced its intention to buy Tribune Media for $3.9 billion. The merger, which the F.C.C. and the Department of Justice are reviewing, would give Sinclair access to more than 70 percent of all television viewers in the United States. This week, the commission’s Republican majority lifted rules that required television stations owners to operate a main studio in each locality, which Mr. Pai said was unnecessary and costly for TV station owners.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/25/technology/fcc-media-ownership-rules.html

President Bush signed a law that prevented these types of mergers.  The government was the only thing standing in the way of this mega merger and the shuttering of a bunch of local studios.  But with one election that all got swept away.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Damphousse said:

Lol.  Someone was winding you up.  TV stations happily broadcast digital AND analog simultaneously for YEARS.  It wasn't an overnight thing.

I doubt that is true.  There is consolidation across the economy and widening pay disparity.  The trends with local TV stations match up perfectly with the trends across the entire economy and in the media sector specifically.  There is this thing called the internet and it is sucking up ad dollars.  Revenue across all traditional media is down.

And as far as consolidation is concerned welcome to America...

h

networks are nowhere near bankrupt.  They are some of the most sought after assets in the stock market.  Hardware producers are a commodity.  Look at the fate of once mighty Cisco.  Content is king.

And the government's role?  If I were you I would be concerned about the current administration rolling back decades of regulation and allowing unprecedented levels of consolidation and shuttering of local stations...

Have you ever set foot in a TV station? Have you ever Worked in one? Doesn't sound like it from your replays.

6 hours ago, Damphousse said:

Television station owners will celebrate a stunning political victory this week when President Clinton is expected to sign a budget measure that lets them keep two TV channels for years to come.

For a second there I was confused why you were referring to Hillary as President..... :-o   #TimeTraveler #AlternativeUniverses

On 11/02/2018 at 3:59 PM, DBounce said:

Why would I assume?

Because PB has stated at the beginning of videos that there are exceptions where he will take pay to promote a product. Do you really think he worked the Kinefinity booth for two days for free?

So you picked one sentence that doesn't even remotely relate to his reviews (or standing at a booth for that matter) out of an entire explanation text that is specifically written for leery people like you. Yes, I do think Philip spent two moments of his spare time to tell people about a camera that pleasantly surprised him. Do you perhaps also sell tinfoil hats?

On 11/02/2018 at 6:32 PM, webrunner5 said:

Who do you think payed for all the R&D they have now? It i is people like me and others when this stuff was young," Digital" that payed out the ass for the stuff you can buy for 1,000 bucks or less today. I bet you probably didn't pay for it.

With your clear negative bias towards Kinefinity and remarks like "I paid for your camera!" you're making a complete ass of yourself. No one takes you seriously with that attitude mate.

57 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

Looks like I've come back to the forum at the right time.

Is this offer still on as I quite fancy a GH5s. Do I just mail in the receipt or what?

Sure, Message me I am will send you 2 of them. But I am not paying for a Kinefinity LoL.

Sony sends me a Christmas card every year for all the money I sent them. How about a F55.

Yeah, chill out guys : ) Both sides' scopes have their merit by their own :-) No need to going extreme here. We are all a family under Reid's umbrella.

Yeah, chill out guys : ) Both sides' scopes have their merit by their own :-) No need to going extreme here. We are all a family under Reid's umbrella.

On 2/12/2018 at 4:15 PM, Damphousse said:

Even third world countries have all digital TV.  Who in their right mind would watch analog TV in 2018?  For the vast majority of consumers out there their clearest, least compressed, most high resolution image available is government mandated digital TV.  The sad thing is most people don't even realize it.  When I cut the cord and put my antenna up I was shocked at how much better the government mandated free option is compared to the oligarchy satellite or cable option.  I've never actually heard anyone complain about digital broadcast TV.  If indeed any business resisted this I am glad if the government put them out of business.

I

In the United States they cut off Analog right away. Maybe in other parts of the world no. Before it happened and after you could buy a Digital Converter Box for like 45 bucks that would pick up the signal for cable TV.

I lived in Florida at the time and I used to fish a lot and take a battery powered TV with me. One day it worked and the next it was a Boat Anchor LoL. You couldn't give one away after that.

From Wiki.

The DTV (an abbreviation of digital television, also called digital broadcast) transition in the United States was the switchover from analog (the traditional method of transmitting television signals) to exclusively digital broadcasting of free over-the-air television programming. According to David Rehr, then president and CEO of the National Association of Broadcasters, this transition represented "the most significant advancement of television technology since color TV was introduced."[1] For full-power TV stations, the transition went into effect on June 12, 2009, with stations ending regular programming on their analog signals no later than 11:59pm local time that day.[2]

Funny, ended duplicated... LOL It looks like we need to say the same for both halves ;-)

6 hours ago, Emanuel said:

• 1 month later...
  • Super Members
15 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Hope Phillip Bloom does a Part 2!

Yeah, I think people will be sold on the image (crop aside) but its the longer term reliability thats troubling everyone so it'll be great if he does a brief monthly update.

"And this week, I put version 2.3 firmware on which allows you to charge the batteries in the grip without removing them and I have to say the results were mixed...."

2834_20_burnt-to-cinders-the-data-is-indecipherable.jpg

• 3 weeks later...