Kinefinity Terra 4k has landed

Raafi Rivero

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

This is dope. Would be cool to see some side by sides with like a c200,  raven or ursa. Also would love to see some high speed samples.

It's already a crazy tempting purchase. SSD and Kinemount options are fucking sick. Just wish the back didn't cost so damn much. Also iPad only WiFi is kinda dumb.

Thanks for sharing with us Raafi!

25 minutes ago, andrgl said:

Also iPad only WiFi is kinda dumb.

Yeah and the iPad app doesn’t work anymore from what I’ve heard- it’s from a couple generations back of iOS. 

Still excited/nervous to see how it’ll perform in full daylight, but gonna link with a Kinefinity 6k owner soon to shoot a comparison. 

Curious about battery life... How long can you shoot for on a full charge? Also how long does it take to charge? I would be curious about learning how you get on with the Kinefinity. Please share your experience: what you love, and what you hate. While I do find the footage fairly cinematic, I have had reservation about buying a camera from China that does not seem to have a large presence in the USA.

I have to be honest here. There is always alot of talk about how these cameras are way better than that camera etc. But never any footage. Never any reviews. Never any first hand experience.

Where is this certainty that its so good coming from? Who is the source?

I remember some BS argument when they missed the release date with a year or so. The lack of cameras was said to be because that they couldn't fill orders and all cameras went to the high end Chinese production houses and they didn't have internet or something... give me a break.

I guess Im confused because on this forum their cameras have been brought up in "which camera should I buy threads" as if they've always existed. When in fact they have rarely been for sale at all.

I don't know how many times I've seen the recommendation to buy a "battle tested" camera from them. Well Ive been on that waiting list for almost two years... lol.

I just dont see how this borderline vaporware can be so easy to recommend and compared with so little to no info about using them.

I see about 50 videos on YouTube from recently. On three different models. One or two reviews. And thats from several years. 

Personally I wouldn't take my chanses on this and instead go save with a bigger brand. But that's just me.

Not a chanse. ;)

• Super Members
7 hours ago, andrgl said:

About freaking time! :)

Lets just hope its not too late to get into the game for them. At least around here the video boom has seriously cooled. Cinema cameras are hard sells and crazy low on the used market.

So to show up as a new player now might be tricky. Time will tell.

Very nice footage btw.

On 12/15/2017 at 9:56 AM, DBounce said:

Curious about battery life... How long can you shoot for on a full charge? Also how long does it take to charge? I would be curious about learning how you get on with the Kinefinity. .

I still haven’t shot long enough to drain a battery. The slo-motion test was just a couple hours in the city and the unboxing was similar. The battery I was using did drain between the two shoots but I’d need to take it on a full production day to get a sense. 

Communication-wise things are ok. Because of the time difference I usually get email replies the next day (sometimes the day after). Another Kine owner I spoke to says if you call after 7pm EST they have someone who speaks English. So far so good. 

Just got the handgrip batteries in the mail yesterday (Sony bpu-type). I’ve read the camera can go for an hour on those instead of the heavy v-locks so will be testing those as well over time. 

13 hours ago, Mattias Burling said:

About freaking time! :)

Lets just hope its not too late to get into the game for them. At least around here the video boom has seriously cooled. Cinema cameras are hard sells and crazy low on the used market.

So to show up as a new player now might be tricky. Time will tell.

Very nice footage btw.

What part of the video boom has cooled? Just the pro work or general interest including amateurs?

Well I won't say it has cooled big time but there are a lot of used Cine cameras out now for cheap that for the average person is all you need. Sony F3, FS700, Canon C100, C300,  Arri Alexa, old Red bodies, etc, etc.. you get my point. Heck they are giving away Panny GH4's, AF100's, Canon 1DC's on and on.

Sure who doesn't want a Canon C200, EVA1 but the body is just the tip of the iceberg cost wise. Just like a new Red hell they can give you the body and you still can't afford to buy the rest of it or the Media to record on it. All the above cameras I listed can be bought as kits that pretty much are ready to shoot if you look around. And a lot of the above cameras have made some people millions of dollars.

I am not going buy a 10,000 dollar camera to Hope I make money with it and sell it for 5 grand a year later. I have pretty much given up on a I NEED a brand new camera to make stuff with. I might Need a better camera but.. It is me I need to get new, not a camera LoL.

But people will buy the new stuff, but I think some of them are wasting their time and money, at least on the higher end stuff.. But some people have a hell of a lot of money in this day and age and if I had it again like I used to well I would have a new EVA1, C200 myself. He who is not without sin LoL.