SD MIXPRE-3 WITH NX1?

lio

hi there, has anyone had a chance to use the sound devices mixpre-3 or 6 with the nx1? 

if so, does the hdmi time code trigger function work ? is the mixpre able to see the incoming timecode from the nx1 ?

can't wait to hear about your experiences...

• 2 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 12/14/2017 at 11:23 AM, lio said:

hi there, has anyone had a chance to use the sound devices mixpre-3 or 6 with the nx1? 

if so, does the hdmi time code trigger function work ? is the mixpre able to see the incoming timecode from the nx1 ?

can't wait to hear about your experiences...

How would that run into the mixpre? Via hdmi? 

• 9 months later...

Hi. Just to update this old question. I tried connecting my NX1 via HDMI and sadly couldn't get the auto trigger feature to work. Tried a range of options...so unless I've missed a setting somewhere I don't think the NX1 can do it.

The good news is the Mix Pre is a fantastic pre amp for the camera...I could set the mic level to 1 on the NX1..patch a mic through the Mix Pre and then to the camera from the output. When listening back on headphones it was tough to hear a difference between the audio recorded on the NX1 versus the audio recorded on the SD card of the Mix Pre itself (which saves syncing in post)...possibly still a bit better...but the Mix Pre as a pre amp suddenly turns the audio quality of the NX1 recordings to a very high level.

My guess would be no...because if it worked it should really have triggered the Mix Pre.

But I would love another NX1 owner to tell me I'm wrong.

It might be one of those things a firmware update could fix...just a pity Samsung dumped the camera before they ever developed this feature.