Sankor 16D & 5D Mark II in a french parc

christrad

Hi,

new in anamorphic, here's my first footage, shot in a french parc the first shiny day of spring in Paris.

Using Super Takumar (no coating) 100mm f/2.8 and Takumar SMC 135mm f/2.5 as talking lenses.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy8wqf_anamorphic-sankor-16d-buttes-chaumont_creation#.UYFC88r42uM

Almost not graded, but cropped to aproximatly 1.85 to avoid vigneting.

Since this footage, I often use a big cheap plastic lens hood (72mm) to avoid (not completly though) the white vigneting when pointed in front of the sun or strong light. Never heard about this technique but works pretty well for me so far...

I need an answer about one point : I know that diopters are used of course for close up and in low light condition, but in low light, do you use it even when you're far from the subjects (more than 1, 2 m) ?

In other words, do you recomand to always keep the diopter on your anamorphic lens in low light condition ?

Thanks for your answer...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Hi,

yes it's a pretty good copy in my opinion, and I bought it like knew despite the years ! I'm pretty happy about it.

Here's a night footage with 2 friends, shot with the same Sankor 16D, a GH2 and a Super Takumar 50mm f/1.4 :

https://vimeo.com/65214013

I bought recently "the" Kowa for Bell & Howell, also like new, but I'm waiting for a Resdstan clamp to use it.

Dying to try it !