ISCO ultra star red the actual stretch factor.

Anton Zimin

Hey everybody!

Finally I've bought an ISCO adapter as the one at the picture. It works great and focuses ok. But it seems it's not 2x at all. It 's a bit less. Does anybody know the actual stretch factor? To me it's about 1.88, but I'm not sure. 

RED+LENS+WITH+CLAMP.jpg

The guy on this link says it is 1.9. To me seem it works ok.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

It's probably a basic hypergonar formula. Just very well corrected and coated. Google it. 

If you have sharpness trouble, you might want to try a little bit before infinity on your taking lens. If it's not changing anything, try another taking lens. If it's not sharp, then your isco has alignment issues. Not that complicated to correct actually but still a little pain. 

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Zalem said:

I had this lens for a while (and regret selling it).

I used to apply 1.75x stretch in post. Definitely not a 2x lens but it produces great images nonetheless.

Cheers.

I don't think so.  Definitely a 2x lens for me to use.  Here are 3:1 pictures from 3:2 sensor camera.

spsIMG_9085.jpg

img9185.jpg

7 hours ago, ken said:

I don't think so.  Definitely a 2x lens for me to use.  Here are 3:1 pictures from 3:2 sensor camera.

spsIMG_9085.jpg

img9185.jpg

Cool, I guess there's no one answer to this question. As mentionned above, stretch factor could vary from close focus to infinity, or perhaps some copies simply have a different stretch factor.

Definitely a sharp lens, but fyi to my surprise my Kowa 16-D has produced sharper images than the Isco. Comes with its flaws however.

13 hours ago, Zalem said:

Cool, I guess there's no one answer to this question. As mentionned above, stretch factor could vary from close focus to infinity, or perhaps some copies simply have a different stretch factor.

Definitely a sharp lens, but fyi to my surprise my Kowa 16-D has produced sharper images than the Isco. Comes with its flaws however.

IMO, they have the same sharpness for all these size lens.   The difference is the view angle.  ISCO can use 100mm without vignetting at infinity on FF camera.  16-D needs 135mm.