Where you hoping "Nightcrawler" was just a work of fiction?

IronFilm

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Don't be fooled, this is not what it looks like it is!

Having watched most of the series already, I came to the conclusion it's nothing more than another car chase show, and is at least close to, the lowest form of entertainment available. The series is not a documentary that offers anything in the way of trying to understand the psychology of a person in the business of filming misery. It also doesn't ask the main players about how it affects their lives, how they sleep at night or how they even justify what they do. There are very small attempts to make it look like that's what the 'documentary' crew is doing, but this show is essentially a car chase program filming the camera men who film the car chase. I honestly believe the people who made this series are parasites feeding off the parasites that feed off tragedy and the emergency services.

You know when there's been a crash on the road, and there's so much traffic because everyone's slowing down to look at the wreckage - That's exactly what this series is. It's presented as an inside look into the people who film 'news', but in reality, there's very little more than crash sites, burnin busses and car chases. Like I say, every now and then, there 's a small interview about why they do the job, and how hard it must be, but as soon as they even begin to scratch the surface of anything interesting, it cuts back to an overly dramatised sequence of the cameramen tearing through traffic to film the next disaster. 

Of course, feel free to enjoy, each to their own, but don't watch it expecting anything more than what it is. 

11 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

every now and then, there 's a small interview about why they do the job, and how hard it must be, but as soon as they even begin to scratch the surface of anything interesting, it cuts back to an overly dramatised sequence of the cameramen tearing through traffic to film the next disaster. 

Well, let's not to say the overarching concept is worthless.  Perhaps it's poorly made in this instance, but a delve into the darker tendencies of human psyche is often compelling, obviously.  Most motion picture entertainment in general is ultimately about "man's inhumanity to man."

I can't stand any more misery. The worst I do currently is "Vikings" and "The Walking Dead" (=it is been terrible so far!), and sometimes "Curb your enthusiasm" can be really cruel!

I didn't even watch "Mindhunter".

If you want to see human's darker tendencies try early Haneke.

1 hour ago, fuzzynormal said:

Well, let's not to say the overarching concept is worthless.  Perhaps it's poorly made in this instance, but a delve into the darker tendencies of human psyche is often compelling, obviously.  Most motion picture entertainment in general is ultimately about "man's inhumanity to man."

I didn't say it's worthless, it's just not what it's trying to be. I'm all for delving into the darker tendencies, and loved Nightcrawler the movie, because it was a lot more than just watching busses burn one after another. The only 'story' in this series is the competition between the filmers, and that - for me at least - got old very fast. 

Like I said though, each to their own. Watch the first episode and see how you get on. It doesn't reveal much more than what you can see in the trailer haha.