Fuji X-H1: new APSC video oriented camera

wolf33d

12 minutes ago, jonpais said:

@Django It's not only YouTubers who choose to shoot with the GH5. For what it's worth, Francis Ford Coppola and majority chose the lowly GH2 over the Sony F65, Red Epic, Canon C300 and Arri Alexa in the Zacuto Revenge Shootout 2012 - a measly micro four thirds sensor camera! 

Yes.. and David Lynch shot a 3 hour full feature on a 1/3" sensor consumer DV cam.. please let's not go there and compare ourselves to legends.. my point is simply to each their own.. and no camera kills another in the right hands..

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
19 minutes ago, jonpais said:

@Django It sounds to me like you're really hung up on sensor size. When it comes to image quality alone, I'd choose the 16mm Digital Bolex over the Fuji any day of the week. And many would choose the Blackmagic Pocket over your Fuji X-T2.

This is not about IQ & I'm not "hung up" on sensor size, it's a question of aesthetic preference, and I'm currently infatuated in the Super35 zone. I prefer it over FF and obviously M4/3. . FWIW i love Digital Bolex and was sad to see them go and have shot many commercial projects with Blackmagic gear and continue to do so.. 

So yes, depending on the project I absolutely would and do use other cameras "over my XT2".. never claimed it was the end all be all of cameras.. unlike your statements with the GH5! Sadly this is starting to sound like fanboy defense talk... :(

He has the X-T2... I just see it as someone really appreciating the thought that went into the GH5, like to me both it and the E-M1 Mark II are how you do a camera body, there's really not much else to wish for. In terms of features, the GH5 is killing it as well. On paper it's one of the most well-rounded cameras out there. In the end everyone is right, though, so no need to argue. Different folks, different strokes. Priorities, needs, wants, stuff you're willing to compromise on for the sake of something else. In the end the most important thing is that you've got a camera, that doesn't stand in your way of creating, with emphasis on 'your'. If you're loving the process and results, it's all good.

There’s a line from the classic baseball film, Bull Durham. In this particular scene, the veteran player on the team, Kevin Costner, is trying to convince the up and coming pitcher, Tim Robbins, that he needs to take his talent more seriously. Tim Robbins replies... “I have a Porsche with a Quadraphonic Blaupunkt.” Kevin Costner calmly states... “You don’t need a Quadraphonic Blaupunkt, you need a curve ball.”

So as much as I see the positives in the GH5 and am constantly surprised by how many damn features the camera has... I wouldn’t need half of them, or more. If I was going to shoot small sensor, I’d rather shoot with some form of S16 digital sensor... be it with a BlackMagic or with a 1” sensor bridge camera.

So everybody has different needs and wants. 

If I have used the GH5 for a few tv episodes already, on a whole season of a TV show (I did sound there) and a couple of other projects, and every time, I go back to my NX cameras with a smile on my face. GH5 is what I recommend to most people right now, but I still waiting for my next system to come. I have a sense it could be a Canon pro mirrorless, or the "new" Nikon. Fuji is near, but not yet, and maybe never. I resisted the GH4, and I am glad I did, now I am expecting something different than the common sense that GH5 is.

There is already another Panasonic camera on the horizon, maybe GH5 is old news already (look at a couple of threads in this very forum, and dozens more in other forums).

I am pro S35 and APS-C.

There is no end to anything.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:47 AM, webrunner5 said:

I like pie.

The House of Pie in LA is heaven (and it's where Tarantino did some writing in his early days).

And if the numbers do convince you to go for cake, Broadway Pizza in Memphis. That's right, a pizza joint has the best cakes you will find anywhere.

2 hours ago, Thomas Hill said:

The House of Pie in LA is heaven (and it's where Tarantino did some writing in his early days).

And if the numbers do convince you to go for cake, Broadway Pizza in Memphis. That's right, a pizza joint has the best cakes you will find anywhere.

Cake at a Pizza joint, Wow  am not too sure I would cake after eating a Pizza! Now Sweet Potato pie after Pizza, ehh maybe.

LOL.. this thread sure got derailed.. see this is what happens when you claim personal opinions as facts!

Hopefully, we can all agree now gear choices are subjective.. and there is no perfect camera for everyone.

Getting back on topic:  the new Eterna simulation coming to H1/XT2 should be of particular interest to filmmakers as it's based on motion picture film stock:

b9598d939fb3d0ce774edbc4f38cd6b6.jpg