STOP VERTICAL VIDEOS 2018

kaylee

DUDE.

i THOUGHT we were over this for some delusional reason (i watch pro stuff), but SOMETIMES i MIGHT want to watch some St. Dane dog videos on a site which i abhor like fb, and PEOPLE ARE SHOOTING THEIR FUCKING VIDEOS VERTICALLY ALL THE TIME

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK

THIS IS MY CAUSE TO CHAMPION AND PERHAPS MY VERY PURPOSE IN LIFE

WONT YOU JOIN ME IN CREATING A BETTER TOMORROW?

WE MUST #STOP VERTICAL VIDEOS 2018

lets come up with memes and names for our group. anyone can join, all you have to do is swear never to shoot vertical video and upload it. if you went to art school this obviously doesnt mean you

first off we need a sicc name for our movement... if its mocking something contemporary thatd be hilarious, but im open to whatever

like... ANTIVER? ANTIVE? VV is catchy...

lets get into this

tumblr_p0bjc2I2HU1uv7lrro1_1280.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

The solution is simple. A smartphone that lets you shoot landscape while holding it vertically.

Because Im sorry, even after all my years of making videos. If I decided to document something with my phone, its gonna be vertically :)

(If I have the opportunity to hold it with both hands and shoot in landscape I might as well bring out my real camera.)

Majority of 15-25yo spend way more time viewing content on their smartphones & iPads then TVs computers & cinema.

Vertical viewing does seem to be the "future" for that segment whether we like it or not.

Here in France, a local group of young popular youtubers have even started shooting vertically with their GH5's, A6500's.

They have their NLE monitors set up vertically for editing! It's so popular that they've created an app for exclusive vertical content (shows, music videos, critiques etc).. 

I thought it was kinda silly at first but now i think it's kind of brilliant.. an investment firm just dropped a few million euros on them too!

Vertical-l-appli-qui-dit-adieu-aux-video

Man, bus shelter digital displays are vertical, shopping mall digital displays are vertical -- it's not just phones dude, I've worked with plenty of rigs designed to pitch the camera 90 degrees to shoot for those kinds of displays. If I do any more I might even get a GH5 and shoot 6k so I can shoot for both horizontal and vertical formats at the same time.