GH5 to Alexa Conversion

Sage

19 hours ago, Julien416 said:

Don't dude me mate. We didn't raise pigs together.

I would actually consider it very cheap if it was actually designed to work with my gh5s. Once again, I am fine with it and would buy it again but, as a customer, I don't understand why me and some others have to justify ourselves to outsiders for just reminding past promised deadlines to Alex. 

Anyway, Alex's answer is fine to me. He is trying his best. Just what I wanted to hear. 

Can't you use the lut on the GH5s? I just don't use it during filming on my GH5s but I still use the lut via Premiere. You still need to adjust it but it still works fine. Same experience if you use it on GH5 footages.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
13 minutes ago, TurboRat said:

Can't you use the lut on the GH5s? I just don't use it during filming on my GH5s but I still use the lut via Premiere. You still need to adjust it but it still works fine. Same experience if you use it on GH5 footages.

I do ! It's already a big upgrade compared to the original color science and I love it. Just curious to unleash its full (Alexa) potential once/if the gh5s version arrives eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody!

I know this is off topic, i'm sorry, but I just released my last feature film on Amazon's Prime Video and i wanted to share with some friend from here.

Follow the link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07ZHRZ782

This film took some time(around 3 years), it was shot on Nikons and Super 16mm.

A little background: https://www.eoshd.com/comments/topic/39600-my-film-on-amazon-prime-video-shot-with-dslr-and-film/

PS: I'm almost finishing shooting a movie i'm DP, it has quite a lot of GH5 and mix some Alexa in there, so the plan is use GHAlex ;)

Sorry for the "Off-topic spam". 

• 4 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, GabrielFF said:

@Sage I saw the PCC4K version was released, that's great!!

When can we expect the X-T3 version to come out? I'm super excited for that one.

Cheers

Ah, I see you found it ;) Very good, I suppose it is time to announce. The good news - I have finalized Gen.4, and I believe I can move faster now that the new process is locked in place. First, the GH5 and S will get Gen.4, and I intend to move fast. Much, much faster. I intend to have new work early next year.

17 minutes ago, Sage said:

Ah, I see you found it ;) Very good, I suppose it is time to announce. The good news - I have finalized Gen.4, and I believe I can move faster now that the new process is locked in place. First, the GH5 and S will get Gen.4, and I intend to move fast. Much, much faster. I intend to have new work early next year.

You have Gen 4 for the Fuji XT3?

Just now, thebrothersthre3 said:

how long did the Pocket take?

It started in the spring; that included the development of Gen.4 and a much more complicated server backend. Now that the hardest part is worked through, I believe I can work a lot faster. There were some oppressively complicated things I had to tackle this year.

5 minutes ago, majoraxis said:

Is each sensor a clean slate or would doing a version for the Pocket 6k be closer than the other versions as the Pocket 4K is now finished?

Its a clean slate in that it requires an entirely new conversion - though some of the foundation is common, so that is an advantage (for the potential 6K)

3 hours ago, jackch2n said:

Thanks Alex! Appreciate the effort you have done to make this color conversion. Can't wait to use it on my P4K's footages.

Thank's jackch2n; coming from GHa, you will find some new things - Exposure comps and ABLs, the Gradient Chart, Highlight Recovery/HDR regions, and Gen.4 color

This is lovely news. wondering why u didnt post about this before. Welcome the new changes implemented. This camera will absolutely shine. Just bought the new portkeys monitor to go with my p4k which has been doing wonders on few gigs. I am excited to use it on my feature shooting 2020. The GHalex has served me well

Wish there were more examples of this with the p4k but I know there will be a lot coming out soon. 

Sage, you are the main man

25 minutes ago, RCV said:

This is lovely news. wondering why u didnt post about this before. Welcome the new changes implemented. This camera will absolutely shine. Just bought the new portkeys monitor to go with my p4k which has been doing wonders on few gigs. I am excited to use it on my feature shooting 2020. The GHalex has served me well

Wish there were more examples of this with the p4k but I know there will be a lot coming out soon. 

Sage, you are the main man

Thanks RCV! I've been absurdly busy. One of the standout features of the P4K for me (coming from the 5) is being able to preview 33x on the big screen. Its so much better than the vlt. But IBIS is sorely missed. I wanted to shoot an epic creative piece, but alas was too booked, and the sunny season slipped by