GH5 to Alexa Conversion

Sage

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
29 minutes ago, tihon84 said:

Thanks.

did you use hi-res open gate 6k? I have a problems with h265 codek. And after converting h264 to prores i have color and contrast shifts...

Try converting to cineform instead. Seems clean so far (but a bit slower than ProRes I think in DR)

1 hour ago, tihon84 said:

Thanks.

did you use hi-res open gate 6k? I have a problems with h265 codek. And after converting h264 to prores i have color and contrast shifts...

Sorry to ask an off topic question, but how do you shoot in 6k open gate with v-log? I was looking for it yesterday and couldn't work it out. I can get into 6k mode but not able to select v-log profile.

9 hours ago, majoraxis said:

@Sage any chance of having a mix lighting LUT at around the native white balance point of the GH5 sensor?  I am guessing it is between 4400k and 4500k.  

Thanks!

Mark

Its something I'm looking into; ideally it would be custom support for each light source. I'm working on a very difficult long shot at the moment which will address it

On 12/24/2017 at 5:13 AM, austinchimp said:

Sorry to ask an off topic question, but how do you shoot in 6k open gate with v-log? I was looking for it yesterday and couldn't work it out. I can get into 6k mode but not able to select v-log profile.

There is a separate 6k photo mode I believe, where VLog is not select-able. And then there is the new anamorphic 6k mode that is selectable for video, and VLog works there for me

Incidentally, what are the best reasonable anamorphic lenses right now?

Right! I am using the new 6K anamorphic mode without de-squeezing it in camera and its 4/3 aspect ratio and works with v-log.

@Sage Looking forward to what you come up with.  I would like a LUT that works with 4400k high CRI LED (that is a blend between white (~5600k) and yellow (~3200k) sets of leds).

Good luck with your shoot.

1 hour ago, majoraxis said:

@Sage Looking forward to what you come up with.  I would like a LUT that works with 4400k high CRI LED (that is a blend between white (~5600k) and yellow (~3200k) sets of leds).

Good luck with your shoot.

Thanks Majoraxis;

By long shot I mean that it is a stretch that's at the edge of my current ability. It wouldn't be a look up table, but rather a 'living' conversion.

Probably not popular?    But for an amateur like me, I LOVE my Kowa 2x for Bell & Howell.

I use it with a Metabones EF<>m43 Speedbooster 0.64 XL and EOS mount Minolta Rokkor PG 58/1.2, put together via the Rapido Anamorphic Lens Clamp V2 with Rail Support

13 hours ago, Sage said:

Incidentally, what are the best reasonable anamorphic lenses right now?

4 hours ago, buggz said:

Probably not popular?    But for an amateur like me, I LOVE my Kowa 2x for Bell & Howell.

I use it with a Metabones EF<>m43 Speedbooster 0.64 XL and EOS mount Minolta Rokkor PG 58/1.2, put together via the Rapido Anamorphic Lens Clamp V2 with Rail Support

Yes, this Kowa 2x from Bell&Howell seams to be the best in case of sharpness an image look. Great anamorphic lens.

Im using small Bolex Moller 16mm (8/15), and its great to. Really sharp but its 1.5x.

if you want 1,5x you can buy big brother Bolex Moller 32.

But, thy are all double focuse.

about 6k and vlog:

yes, i’m using anamorphic video mode, and I have VLog  posibilities there.

11 minutes ago, Sage said:

I wonder how a 35mm would perform with that .64 SB + 2X combo? A 'normal' field of view is most important to me

A 35mm wouldn't work as it would heavily vignette, especially with a 0.64 SB. It could work with a 0.71 and a 35mm but without single focus solution that brings its share of additionnal vignetting. 

40/45mm is supposedly the lowest possible focal lenght with a single focus Kowa in S35 format.  

31 minutes ago, Sage said:

Hey, that's not too shabby! Its more of a curiosity for me, but maybe I'll pick one of those up.

I wonder how a 35mm would perform with that .64 SB + 2X combo? A 'normal' field of view is most important to me

I keep checking in on this thread for more real world examples of your conversion tool. Instead the thread has turned into an anamorphic discussion.

Just a thought, maybe your website could have a "Gallery" page for such examples. Folks could send you screen grabs or links to videos. I'd check it often.

1 hour ago, Julien416 said:

40/45mm is supposedly the lowest possible focal lenght with a single focus Kowa in S35 format.  

Mmm. I definitely need a normal lens option. I heard something about Metabones looking into anamorphic. If so, that would be significant as they do precision work with optics (making the impossible possible)

40 minutes ago, Jonesy Jones said:

Just a thought, maybe your website could have a "Gallery" page for such examples. Folks could send you screen grabs or links to videos. I'd check it often.

That's a good idea. I was thinking about doing a reel next year, everyone will have time to use it on their projects

I will be using it on my own work going forward; my next film will be something to see ; )

1 minute ago, Sage said:

Mmm. I definitely need a normal lens option. I heard something about Metabones looking into anamorphic. If so, that would be significant as they do precision work with optics (making the impossible possible)

50mm anamorphic is all you need in S35. It's definitely a "normal lens", 35 is super large. It has the field of view of a 17.5mm lens...

41 minutes ago, Julien416 said:

50mm anamorphic is all you need in S35. It's definitely a "normal lens", 35 is super large. It has the field of view of a 17.5mm lens...

Hmm, I would be using it with a 2.39 crop. I love the equivalent of a 32mm on S35 at 2.39. That's my motion 'wide'