Can you shoot the international space station with a Micro Four Thirds camera?

Andrew Reid

30 minutes ago, Roberto Tolin Sommer said:

Another attempt with the GH3 and the 1.000mm catadripotic tele. Jupiter and four moons, Europa, Io, Ganimede and Callisto. 

My photo of Jupiter 6 June.  The labeled dots are moons. 1) Ganymede, 2) Europa, 3) Io, 4) Callisto. GH5 with 100-400 - I guess i need to underexpose a fair bit?

_GH50343b.thumb.jpg.455a66cb4e78ab01d6e7f4d25054f7fd.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 minutes ago, Orangenz said:

My photo of Jupiter 6 June.  The labeled dots are moons. 1) Ganymede, 2) Europa, 3) Io, 4) Callisto. GH5 with 100-400 - I guess i need to underexpose a fair bit?

_GH50343b.thumb.jpg.455a66cb4e78ab01d6e7f4d25054f7fd.jpg

Yes, you must underexpose. The moon has to be exposed as daylight. 1/125 f11 at ISO 100 or equivalents. Jupiter and other planets reflects lower light, but the exposure can be 1/60 or 1/30 aprox.

Scusate una domanda. Ma la GH5 ha il teleconverter come nella mia G6? Perché se così fosse il problema non lo trovo. Faccio un esempio sulla mia G6 che conosco bene. Se avessi soldi io prenderei un Olympus 4/3 Zuiko Digital ED 300mm f2.8 che su una MFT corrisponde ad un 600mm su una FF. Aggiungo il Teleconvert che in 1080p sulla G6 corrisponde a 2,4x e arrivo ad un equivalente 1440mm su FF a f2.8! 

Senza parlare del Kowa Prominar 500mm f5.6 FL! Credo che il magnifico mondo MFT per questi scopi abbia una marcia in più rispetto al FF.

13 hours ago, Peter Berry said:

A pretty fantastic shot from only 2000mm EFL, and takes excellent scope optics. ?The Russian Astro Rubinar 1000mm f/10?

Yes, it's a 1000mm f/10 Rubinar i bought in Ebay for 150 euros. It's not very sharp, but it can be used for wildlife shots with reasonable quality in HD.

You can see two secuences shot with the Rubinar in this vídeo. At minute 4:36 and 6:10. 

Blackmagic 4K Micro Studio with 3x crop factor, will give 6x cropped to 1080p. 600mm Sigma / Tamron will offer 3600mm equivalent. 

Pentax Q with 5.6x crop factor will shoot 12MP RAWs with nearly the same. 

Nikon J5 with 2.7x crop @ 20MP will crop to 5MP for 5.4x crop. J5 shoots at something nuts like 20fps+ in RAW.