Panasonic seems to be announcing something "BIG" on December 15

seku

9 hours ago, kidzrevil said:

Dealbreaker for me. Hopefully they release a panasonic g9s or something with a low megapixel account and ibis

I think their G9 is meant to be targeted as photographers, while GH series is for filmmakers. Thus I doubt G9 will have a 10 megapixel sensor. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

I think their G9 is meant to be targeted as photographers, while GH series is for filmmakers. Thus I doubt G9 will have a 10 megapixel sensor. 

But hey... while they're at diversifying they might as well release a GH5V for the vlogging community with Canon's licenced DualPixel AF & the G9's 6.5 stops of stabilization. :sweat_smile:

So is it official that there is no increase in Dynamic Range in video mode compared to the GH5?

I usually shoot whole days at 4k 50fps so 10-bit and thus HLG is still a no go for me with the GH5s. Can anyone confirm that there is or isn't an increase in DR when shooting 8-bit 4k?

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2017 at 5:38 AM, DBounce said:

Yes, few customers with GH5 only are considering $7k and up lenses. So there is a market for reasonably priced anamorphics. For the record SLR Magic are not Leica quality. And further more neither are Veydra mini primes. I have them all, so I know first hand. Additionally, I am invited to demo the Atlas Orion series and hope to take them up on the offer sometime in the next few months. I will share what I learn. Near as I can tell, the Orion is the best bang for buck. The SLR Magic’s are ok for fooling around though.

Any word on the Orions yet?