Panasonic seems to be announcing something "BIG" on December 15

seku

5 hours ago, mercer said:

How is it not another camera? That’s the only thing we’re sure of.

Sure of another camera or another GH5 version...and based on what does the certainty come from?...if I've missed something that's not just a rumor, I guess I'll be pleasantly surprised on the 8th...though I have to say an Anamorphic lens or an improved version of Vlog would be the things getting me excited lol

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
47 minutes ago, Fritz Pierre said:

Sure of another camera or another GH5 version...and based on what does the certainty come from?...if I've missed something that's not just a rumor, I guess I'll be pleasantly surprised on the 8th...though I have to say an Anamorphic lens or an improved version of Vlog would be the things getting me excited lol

I really doubt either one of those desires will bear fruit as they say. Just a new body....:(

1 hour ago, Fritz Pierre said:

Well there are the photos of the new body. But I think, in a sense, you may be right. Even though the rumors, which are usually correct, point to a 12mp GH5, I think it could possibly be a new body for $2499 with some new features, and then a paid FW upgrade for existing GH5 owners.

We’ll know soon enough.

On 12/17/2017 at 10:32 AM, webrunner5 said:

Seems like we used most of the switchers, faders, etc, from a company called Grassly??? We used Sony monitors and all that goes with that, Sony recording, playback  decks etc. God they cost a ton and weighed a ton! What cost crazy money then was these hydraulic pedestal studio tripods!! Man they were HUGE. Sort of like this one. And the one for sale there on ebay is a bargain  I think. Looks like brand new.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Matthews-H-6-Studio-Pedestal-Tripod-Dolly-hydraulic-Pneumatic-with-Head/401459961139?hash=item5d78e0dd33:g:HbgAAOSwax5Y0byS

I thought the name of the company was Grass Valley.

1 hour ago, Michael1 said:

Thanks for bringing back old memories.  :grin:

Man It is pretty scary how far video stuff has come. But the basics are all the same. Even the same type of equipment needed I guess. Trouble is not much of it in this day and age is worth watching on TV.

When the average person only had a 17' to 19" TV didn't really matter if it was only 480 lines anyways LoL. I never noticed any difference until Beta and S Video came out. That was like 550 lines I guess? But a lot of older TVs would not even show it. Only Mitsubishi and Sony TV's seemed to have enough oomph to use it!

Panasonic was pushing big time at TV stations to go to S Video. But most all had Sony Beta stuff, was a damn hard sell LoL. I had a Nikon Camcorder and a Mitsubishi VCR, both S Video that I paid a fortune for at home. Everyone that came over was amazed how good it looked on the TV. Exciting times back them between video and computers coming out better and better each year.

My pocketbook started shrinking big time when I got into buying old Broadcast TV stuff from the station LoL. Man my wife was a saint LoL. I loved that stuff. I still love the look of 3 tube cameras. Ikegami cameras were my favorite!

8 hours ago, webrunner5 said:

Man It is pretty scary how far video stuff has come. But the basics are all the same. Even the same type of equipment needed I guess. Trouble is not much of it in this day and age is worth watching on TV.

When the average person only had a 17' to 19" TV didn't really matter if it was only 480 lines anyways LoL. I never noticed any difference until Beta and S Video came out. That was like 550 lines I guess? But a lot of older TVs would not even show it. Only Mitsubishi and Sony TV's seemed to have enough oomph to use it!

Panasonic was pushing big time at TV stations to go to S Video. But most all had Sony Beta stuff, was a damn hard sell LoL. I had a Nikon Camcorder and a Mitsubishi VCR, both S Video that I paid a fortune for at home. Everyone that came over was amazed how good it looked on the TV. Exciting times back them between video and computers coming out better and better each year.

My pocketbook started shrinking big time when I got into buying old Broadcast TV stuff from the station LoL. Man my wife was a saint LoL. I loved that stuff. I still love the look of 3 tube cameras. Ikegami cameras were my favorite!

How about Sony 3/4" U-matic and U-Matic SP?

Well, the live video stream said not much of anything at all!

I think that was just the initial overview of EVERYTHING

Now they are going into more details of each product?

Might take a loooong time to get around to the GH5 finally at the end!  

https://www.engadget.com/2018/01/08/panasonic-gh5s-mirrorless-4k-video/

13 minutes ago, jonpais said:

no IBIS

I don't really care about this, I shoot with my bmpcc and not even my lenses are stabilized and my footage still looks great. Question is, if I want to upgrade my photos from BMPCC DNG's to a little better, could this be a good addition to my BMPCC?