Panasonic seems to be announcing something "BIG" on December 15

seku

1 hour ago, Rinad Amir said:

how bad is AF on GH5 ? 

think about all the good stuff Panna gives you like Waveform scopes V-log 10bit everything that we need focus peak?

ah too much to list compare to the competition for another 5 years if so?

Bad enough, Sold it because of that. Unusable for proper gimbal work in my opinion. 
Yeah they have all the specs. They miss a critical one for me. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
24 minutes ago, wolf33d said:

Bad enough, Sold it because of that. Unusable for proper gimbal work in my opinion. 
Yeah they have all the specs. They miss a critical one for me. 

Well if PDAF only that u want and stuff i mentioned than its Looooong wait before something comes out and if it does prepare to pay serius dollar for it mean while its steal for gh5 with the spec it have no competion on market from 2017-2018 for the price or size can beat it  

15 hours ago, mercer said:

Well, if I remember correctly, the original 7D was kinda marketed towards video, so I wouldn’t be surprised. The question will be if they use mjpeg or mp4.

The 7D was Canon's take on the D300, or in other words an APS-C DSLR aimed at the upper semi pro / pro photographers with a high frame rate.

1 hour ago, sam rides a mtb said:

Where did you read this? This indeed would be a killer feature and hopefully it's standard TC protocols so it can be jam synced with other cameras

On 43rumors it said TC in/out

1 hour ago, sam rides a mtb said:

Used a JVC years ago that jammed fine with other identical Jvc cameras but not with other cameras and devices.

Yeah that is not proper TC I/O, that would be something proprietary. 

On 17/12/2017 at 1:29 PM, mercer said:

@wolf33d I highly doubt the GH5s will have PDAF. And honestly, is a GH5 that much smaller than a DSLR? I assume the 7D3 will have the 8bit 150mbps 4K from the C200.

So why would anyone buy a C200 then? Crappy raw and better battery life for only $5,000 more? That's not how Canon rolls....

1 minute ago, mercer said:

Crappy Raw? Oh...kay... name a better image for $6000?

The image is fine but what I'm asking is, if the 7Diii shoots the same 4k internally as the C200, why would someone pay the $5000-$5500 premium just for the compressed raw and better battery life of the C200? That would be canonbilization...

• Super Members
4 minutes ago, forofilms said:

The image is fine but what I'm asking is, if the 7Diii shoots the same 4k internally as the C200, why would someone pay the $5000-$5500 premium just for the compressed raw and better battery life of the C200? That would be canonbilization...

You don't see any advantage of a superior evf, waveform, NDs, phantom powered xlrs, great preamps, raw, etc and so forth?

Its a stills camera vs a professional cinema camera. 

2 minutes ago, forofilms said:

Well eventually Canon needs to release 4K in their DSLRs with manageable file sizes... since the MP4 on the C200 records at 150mbps, I just assume it will be that. Also, on the Canon site, a middle codec is still listed as TBA, I assume that will be the missing link. 

1 minute ago, forofilms said:

Not for +$5,000, no...

Then you must really hate the FS5 then?

Just now, mercer said:

Well eventually Canon needs to release 4K in their DSLRs with manageable file sizes... since the MP4 on the C200 records at 150mbps, I just assume it will be that. Also, on the Canon site, a middle codec is still listed as TBA, I assume that will be the missing link. 

That's a nice thought. But if it's truly coming this spring, I see Canon delivering an uncropped (APSC) MJPEG version with DPAF which would be an improvement over the 5DIV but still a camera aimed primarily at sports/wildlife photographers. I can't see them giving us half a C200 at 1/4 of the cost.

1 minute ago, forofilms said:

That's a nice thought. But if it's truly coming this spring, I see Canon delivering an uncropped (APSC) MJPEG version with DPAF which would be an improvement over the 5DIV but still a camera aimed primarily at sports/wildlife photographers. I can't see them giving us half a C200 at 1/4 of the cost.

Well 4K Raw is 3/4s of that camera. Plus when you add the middle codec, the low codec will only be 12% of the camera. But you may be right with the mjpeg... which I am fine with. I shoot ML Raw now, so big file sizes don’t make me squeamish plus the 400mbps Panny all-i codec produces similar sized video files but require more computer power to process... so yeah a S35mm 7D3 at less than 2 grand, and I just may be a customer. 

26 minutes ago, mercer said:

Well 4K Raw is 3/4s of that camera. Plus when you add the middle codec, the low codec will only be 12% of the camera. But you may be right with the mjpeg... which I am fine with. I shoot ML Raw now, so big file sizes don’t make me squeamish plus the 400mbps Panny all-i codec produces similar sized video files but require more computer power to process... so yeah a S35mm 7D3 at less than 2 grand, and I just may be a customer. 

You're more forgiving than I am. It would take a better codec and the assurance of S35 to get me on board. I could forego the 60p in exchange for an APSC DPAF 4k camera...

25 minutes ago, forofilms said:

You're more forgiving than I am. It would take a better codec and the assurance of S35 to get me on board. I could forego the 60p in exchange for an APSC DPAF 4k camera...

Well I’m not in dire need of another camera. I have my 5D3 and I just bought another RX10ii to mess around with for casual video and slow motion.

For about two years I went back and forth testing camera after camera and with my limited coloring skills, I was never happy. Then the moment I picked up another camera, I remembered why I enjoyed making videos when I first got my t2i and eos-m. For me the convenience of the Canon system... their great ergonomics, great menus, great lenses, great color, amazing DPAF and then some 4K if I need it, is enough for me to be hopeful of their next generation of cameras.

2 hours ago, forofilms said:

Not for +$5,000, no...

Well people like you are working at canon. 

Reality is different though because those difference are worth it for people buying C200 type cameras. 

You see, I would never ever buy a C200 because of the size weight and price. 

You are canon. You prefer to sell me nothing or a 7D? 

Market for C200 and 7D is totally different. Offering 4K60p on the 7D is not going to kill C200 sales. Ridiculous statement. But canon thinks like you. So we can continue to be fucked between paying shit for 1500 or getting a crazily heavy and big thing for 8K.  

9 hours ago, wolf33d said:

@wolf33d well said ,as for canon costumers its normal to pay 5k+ for premiums  and yes weight and size does matter when your on tight budget and sometimes one man crew

id love if all those fanboys would realize that their getting ripped off hard by company that doesnt  care slightly about their costumers 

i mean we could sit here all day and argue about what camera has more specs etc but at the end why defend them in this bloody thread ?

make another thread and praise them as much as you like with your RAW ML! witch canon forbidded and even treatend to sue ML team if they touch their new products

So u can have yours unreliable 2011 or whatever dslr hacked crap by ML