Panasonic seems to be announcing something "BIG" on December 15

seku

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Not unless a firmware update is what's perched on a tripod and hidden behind the parental advisory in Luke's Super Secret Project. :=)

Also, I can’t recall a firmware update going by the words ***** ****.

Finally, Pansonic published their firmware update schedule long ahead of the release of the GH5, so I it’s hard to see why they’d be keeping another one under wraps.

15 minutes ago, Alex Uzan said:

I have to say, a new gh5s will bother me a lot, since I just bought a brand new GH5 3 weeks ago, And I won’t be able to return it.

I choose a panasonic camera, because I lost faith in sony when they released the 6500 just a few months after the 6300.

Hope I won’t be disapointed again.

A new GH5 variant will not diminish the IQ of your GH5. And if a new variant is indeed what they announce, then the current model will almost certainly continue to be sold. So the value will still be there. I only hope that if Panasonic do release a more expensive variant, they do not cripple it to protect the GH5. I hate the idea of needing a GH5 for this use and the ***** **** for another situation. 

Just now, DBounce said:

A new GH5 variant will not diminish the IQ of your GH5. And if a new variant is indeed what they announce, then the current model will almost certainly continue to be sold. So the value will still be there. I only hope that if Panasonic do release a more expensive variant, they do not cripple it to protect the GH5. I hate the idea of needing a GH5 for this use and the ***** **** for another situation. 

It depends.

If the new gh5s fixes the bad things of the current GH5, which are really poor AF and bad low light performance, then the current gh5 will lose a lot of value, which is not acceptable for a product released only for a few months.

1 hour ago, wolf33d said:

Awesome. Please good video DPAF and I AM IN. Only thing missing in the GH5 for me.

Then it's gonna be GH5s / A7SIII battle with the A7SIII being a full frame GH5. But honestly for video, sensor size above M43 do not make as much as a difference for my use like in photo. 

a7S mk3 will not have all the GH5 specs/features but with a FF sensor.

I'll eat my hat if it does.

The plot is thickening ... gentlemen, get your wallets ready :)

(FT5) First image of the GH5s shows it has same GH5 body

So it seems we will stay at micro 4/3.... The rumor site also states the same Sony sensor as i did in my first post.... i hope it will happen.

Why am I so crazy about that sensor? The answer is dual ISO Magic Lantern RAW. It is not easy to use and to expose correctly for it... but when it works, it changes the 5D Mk3 into a dynamic range monster. Dual ISO works by alternating ISO levels between even and uneven lines, for example even lines are exposed at 100 ISO and uneven at 800 ISO. You then take that "interlaced" image, and with something resembles magic, reconstitute a high DR image.

I believe the quad bayer on this new Sony sensor is essentially the same... only that it will be completely straightforward, no batch processing, just straight mapping to VLOG or RAW. I can't wait to hear more.

25 minutes ago, Liszon said:

43rumors even put watermarks on it when the image is not actually theirs.

They also just reposted their infos from photorumors without citing them as source... We're running circles here. 43rumors post infos from here and we comment them. Silly.

14 minutes ago, Stab said:

If the GH5s is indeed true and it will have fewer but bigger pixels, could that in theory also increase the dynamic range of the camera? Or does it only make it perform better at higher ISO's in low light?

No sure why bigger but fewer pixels would increase dynamic range? 

I really hope we see some true innovation in this release like the organic sensor. That actually would increase dynamic range by a huge margin, while also greatly improving ISO performance.