“The Middle Path”: A Lumix GH5s Short

Neumann Films

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
5 minutes ago, Neumann Films said:

Uh, well.  Just going to say that I won't be allowing other people to grade videos anymore without my input.  Wow.

This must be how Filippo Chiesa felt when his short for the EVA1 was released. He did his own re-grade and released it a few days later. Sorry, man.

3 minutes ago, jonpais said:

I haven’t watched anything yet, I’ll have to watch all these videos tomorrow, it’s 2am here. But 1st of all, the GH5 does not have 12 stops of usable DR. Secondly, they greatly overstate their ISOs compared to Sony. 

Here it is compared to the A7SII

9 minutes ago, Neumann Films said:

Uh, well.  Just going to say that I won't be allowing other people to grade videos anymore without my input.  Wow.

They... probably need it to look 'good' for people that just bought a Panasonic 4K HDR television that's loaded up with factory overdone settings..?

Sorry to be simple, but what is the process for the use of the dual Native ISO?  Do I need to do anything or when I select 2500  or more it just does something internally to the camera?

Luke, I wondered about the grading as your sneaked images the robot seemed to pop more. 

So it has Dual ISO, ISO800 and ISO2500, or ISO800 and ISO5000 if its for VLog.

I suspect that Panasonic could have had the Dual ISO at ISO3200 and ISO12800, but they did not.

Not having IBIS is a terrible omission. I could have imagined using the GH5s for handheld night street videography. Without IBIS, it would be pretty shaky. Sad.

No increase in dynamic Range. I guess that was just a rumour. The GH5 is pretty decent in VLog Anyway, so that's hardly a problem.