“The Middle Path”: A Lumix GH5s Short

Neumann Films

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I mean, depends on what you're expecting. I would say the median expectation is the closest to reality in this case...

I will offer my 100% unbiased opinion because we are moving on from camera stuff after this.  I'm burnt out!  Will do that in the form of a Vlog and also here.

We’re going way off course here, but this makes me think of the thousands of Canon users who descend on Book Street in Saigon every afternoon with massive tele zooms dangling down to their ankles. I’ll ask a buddy why they’re shooting in direct sunshine at high noon or why they’re having their subjects stand in front of such distracting backgrounds, and I always get the same response - they’ll just photoshop it!

9 hours ago, mercer said:

Well, I know there have been some theories that there may not be IBIS in the GH5s, so I guess my question is... if the IBIS is replaced with internal NDs (I doubt they could fit both) would that be an acceptable alternative... or is IBIS a must have for the most interested of potential GH5s buyers?

From my perspective high quality internal NDs instead of IBIS, would be two steps forward for one step back. 

6 hours ago, Cinegain said:

Just change your computer time & date!

Or move to New Zealand! ;-)

3 hours ago, Neumann Films said:

I will offer my 100% unbiased opinion because we are moving on from camera stuff after this.  I'm burnt out!  Will do that in the form of a Vlog and also here.

What are you moving onto?

Thank you @Orangenz!

I started with music long before video so it is easier for me. Video has always been tough, I can do it and I have invested time into it but definitely not something I am head over heels for.  Something about not realizing creative ideas for 3-12 months that doesn't sit well with my ADD. 

Anyone else ever feel that way?  Its great and it's a fulfilling art form but damn is it tedious to see a creative idea from conception to completion. In my experiences, music is infinitely more fluid.

14 minutes ago, Neumann Films said:

Thank you @Orangenz!

I started with music long before video so it is easier for me. Video has always been tough, I can do it and I have invested time into it but definitely not something I am head over heels for.  Something about not realizing creative ideas for 3-12 months that doesn't sit well with my ADD. 

Anyone else ever feel that way?  Its great and it's a fulfilling art form but damn is it tedious to see a creative idea from conception to completion.  Maybe it's me but music is infinitely more fluid.

Sounds like why I like photography more. Quicker payoff. Smaller discrete units of work. Less reliant on teams. 

31 minutes ago, Neumann Films said:

Something about not realizing creative ideas for 3-12 months that doesn't sit well with my ADD. 

I guess as a director/producer/writer it can be a long hard marathon endurance slog to get your product across the finish line. 

But as a below the line crew person, it can be quite fast paced, you might only get called up the night before, then you do the shoot and wrap, then onto the next project!

2 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

I guess as a director/producer/writer it can be a long hard marathon endurance slog to get your product across the finish line. 

But as a below the line crew person, it can be quite fast paced, you might only get called up the night before, then you do the shoot and wrap, then onto the next project!

Ohh true. The most fun I've had is when you hand it off after shooting. The editing side is where I can get bogged down :p