“The Middle Path”: A Lumix GH5s Short

Neumann Films

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
23 minutes ago, mechanicalEYE said:

43rumors:

Effective pixels: 10,280,000 pixels

Total number of pixels: 11,930,000

4/3 LiveMOS sensor

12 fps

ISO 102,400

I read that story. If true it would seem to cast some doubts on the speculation about a Sony STARVIS sensor being used.

8 minutes ago, mechanicalEYE said:

yeah, the speculation/rumors dont match up, but it's close...

And for the slow motion shooters, they are saying slow motion at 240fps (FHD).

Specs aside, from the frame grabs I am liking what I am seeing. We won't know for sure until we see some actual footage under various lighting conditions. I will be curious to see how this pans out. 

32 minutes ago, DBounce said:

I read that story. If true it would seem to cast some doubts on the speculation about a Sony STARVIS sensor being used.

It does seem close.

The rumor you refer to quotes : 

Effective pixels: 10,280,000 pixels

Which is really close to the 10289712 pixels quoted in the starvis documentation (all pixels scan, 4:3 ratio 3704x2778)

32 minutes ago, DBounce said:

Total number of pixels: 11,930,000

In the spec sheet too, it only mentions : 

17:9 : 4168 (H) × 2176 (V) : 8.93M pixels

4:3  : 3792 (H) × 2824 (V) approx. 10.71M pixels

Just for kicks, if i do 4168 x 2824, i get : 11.77Mpixels ... which is still not 11.93 ... but close :grimace:

2 minutes ago, seku said:

Even though I have no inside information or have no idea what Panasonic is going to announce, I am going to boldly stick with the numbers.

Luke is posting images with resolution IDENTICAL to the current GH5. So the camera he is shooting with either has the same sensor or new version of same sensor.

I think the difference is going to be an enhanced Venus Engine processor, similar or better to the one the G9 got. Which enhanced codec compression, DR, highlights, noise, low light, etc. Luke's camera is NOT a low light beast, or at least he has shown no evidence of it yet. I just think the new camera is a GH5, but better.

True, but Luke is no silly boy. If he posted pictures with a different resolution, we would be talking about a new sensor immediately. In his case, i would resize :D

In 3 weeks we will know more. I will buy the camera anyway. Be it a better DR/highlight treatment with the existing sensor, or  better sensor.

16 minutes ago, seku said:

True, but Luke is no silly boy. If he posted pictures with a different resolution, we would be talking about a new sensor immediately. In his case, i would resize :D

In 3 weeks we will know more. I will buy the camera anyway. Be it a better DR/highlight treatment with the existing sensor, or  better sensor.

Luke has never once, not even one time, shown a pattern for trying to throw us off. In fact he has always done the opposite. In this case I really think he wants to tell us, but can't.  I even asked him a couple pages ago and he responded in the same. Luke is not trying to throw us off. Everything he posts is on point. But like you said, we will see in a bit. By the way, we don't even know if January 8 is the date for the announcement. Panasonic has still yet to officially say one word about this new camera.

You guys need to go back and look at Lukes's "Best VLOG Ever" videos on Youtube starting in November. I cannot be sure of this, but I believe the night footage filmed in "Strange Battlefronts 2" could very well be footage from the new camera. At the beginning of the "V-Log" Luke unboxes a classified piece of equipment and later goes out for a night drive with his wife.

I believe this is sample footage from the new camera. I seriously doubt it's the same sensor as the GH5. You guys are barking up the wrong tree.

I'll bet my bottom dollar, it's a low-resolution sensor similar to what Sony has with the A7S2. And not only better low-light capability but better dynamic range and highlight roll-off.

Check out the video here.

Here is a frame grab:

Capture1.PNG

2 hours ago, mercer said:

So it seems C4K at 60p 10bit... that’s a pretty interesting spec. That alone will make a lot of filmmakers happy.

Bit sad about the 150Mbps though.

480 Mbps equals 60MB/s, that would be well within the capabilities of the latest SD cards.

18 minutes ago, Liszon said:

Bit sad about the 150Mbps though.

480 Mbps equals 60MB/s, that would be well within the capabilities of the latest SD cards.

Not necessarily. 

From what I have seen there is little difference between 4K 24p 10bit 150 inter vs 400 intra. At 60p the difference will be even smaller.