“The Middle Path”: A Lumix GH5s Short

Neumann Films

32 minutes ago, Neumann Films said:

What else do you notice about it, what jumps out?

The forehead is most in focus, which means, erm.....

....the tonal shifts seem deeper and smoother than regular GH5, but who knows, that could just be better grading. 

Dual ISO seems the most likely, with RAW a big stretch but fun to consider! 

I do think it’s a new camera AND a firmware upgrade, with the “new” camera probably receiving something a little extra, like the GH4R did. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 03/12/2017 at 8:11 AM, Neumann Films said:

1.jpg

Just had another look at this image, and noticed a couple of preposterous things here too....

1. What’s with that flight of stairs? They have to be some of the weirdest stairs ever. They look like they’re curved and bent. Plus they look very thin in the way they’re built. Are they fake? (not sure why this is relevant, but just look at them. Closely. Either that or the perspective has created the crappiest stairs ever built.)

2. The feature of red in the photo. The red on the brake lights. The red on Griffon’s shoelaces. The red on the stairs railing. Cryptic clue to the GH5S’s new red kinks? Could of easily been photoshopped to be that way. 

3. Erm..... Luke’s face is happy because he’s holding a new GH5 and he likes it. 

For me. on a calibrated display, too much red/magenta, like that Alexa LUT thingy...

Shrug, a lot of people seem to like that look.

On further review, it isn't even close to the Alexa LUT, your photo is more orange than red, nevermind...

3 hours ago, Neumann Films said:

What else do you notice about it, what jumps out?

3 hours ago, mercer said:

Because Luke said it was “daylight all around,” so since the white on the t-shirt and the white on the wall are different tones, but evenly exposed, I am guessing the subject is lit from a couple different windows and the new camera/firmware will have some sort of Dual ISO...

Does dual ISO have something to do with color temp/WB? I thought it was an exposure thing.

5 hours ago, Neumann Films said:

Someone asked what "1.tif" was about and I said I tried to upload a tif file but it wouldn't go through, no hidden meaning!

Ok Luke. Here's the thing. 

If I were trying to upload an image and it wouldn't let me, I would either...

1. Think to myself, "Oh well. It wasn't really that important." Then I'd go on about my day.... OR
  2. Think to myself, "Oh wait. It doesn't accept tif files." Then I'd convert it to jpeg. And post it. 

What I would never do is realize that it didn't accept tif files, and then post that it doesn't accept tif files -- knowing full well that I could simply convert to jpeg. The fact that you realized the forum didn't accept tifs and randomly posted that fact doesn't make any sense. 

I know you did eventually convert to jpeg and post, but the first series of actions just doesn't add up, especially when you say there is "no hidden meaning!"

Come on man. You're killing us.

47 minutes ago, buggz said:

For me. on a calibrated display, too much red/magenta, like that Alexa LUT thingy...

Shrug, a lot of people seem to like that look.

On further review, it isn't even close to the Alexa LUT, your photo is more orange than red, nevermind...

I mean, I added the Alexa LUT on a laptop so that could be it :)  I guess I could have been more specific, what OTHER than the grading do you notice.  I'm not spending any time grading this material as it's being done by a post house.

1 minute ago, Jonesy Jones said:

Does dual ISO have something to do with color temp/WB? I thought it was an exposure thing.

Ok Luke. Here's the thing. 

If I were trying to upload an image and it wouldn't let me, I would either...

1. Think to myself, "Oh well. It wasn't really that important." Then I'd go on about my day.... OR
  2. Think to myself, "Oh wait. It doesn't accept tif files." Then I'd convert it to jpeg. And post it. 

What I would never do is realize that it didn't accept tif files, and then post that it doesn't accept tif files -- knowing full well that I could simply convert to jpeg. The fact that you realized the forum didn't accept tifs and randomly posted that fact doesn't make any sense. 

I know you did eventually convert to jpeg and post, but the first series of actions just doesn't add up, especially when you say there is "no hidden meaning!"

Come on man. You're killing us.

With 100% honesty, I only mentioned the .tif thing because someone asked.  I tried to upload this same image as a .tif, it looked like it worked and I hit "post" but realized it just attached the file.  So, sense I can't delete my post, I just changed it to say something random and deleted the image.  

2.666666 aspect ratio, FF anamorphic, though, I believe this has already been said...

I really HATE the merged reply thingy.

Sorry, this was not meant as "a slam".

I even bought the daylight LUT.

18 minutes ago, Sage said:

To each his own, I guess.

1 minute ago, buggz said:

2.666666 aspect ratio, FF anamorphic, though, I believe this has already been said...

Sorry, this was not meant as "a slam".

I even bought the daylight LUT.

No, the Alexa LUT does this to un corrected GH5 footage plus Zeiss lenses are known for shifting this way as well. 

I guess to me there is one clue to look at here to get an idea.  Or should I say, two clues. 

Off topic, but this lens makes all other lenses seem inferior.  It is heads and shoulders above all other lenses!

I give, all I can see, besides the aspect ratio, and the grade, is the thin, very nice DOF bokeh, and probably at close focus too.

23 minutes ago, Neumann Films said:

I guess to me there is one clue to look at here to get an idea.  Or should I say, two clues. 

Off topic, but this lens makes all other lenses seem inferior.  It is heads and shoulders above all other lenses!

50 minutes ago, Jonesy Jones said:

No I don’t think it does... what I was trying to say was that since Luke said it was all daylight and the subject seemed to be lit from the front... the darker white wall could be the result of a shadow or less light but since that seems evenly exposed I thought Dual ISO... I’m sure I’m off base.