Anamorphic for GH5

JordanWright

Im looking to experiment with the anamorphic modes on my GH5. I require a single focus solution with 1.5-2x crop. Also looking for a nice set of taking lenses. Im using a Speedbooster x0.71 to EF.

Currently looking at the ISCO WIDE-SCREEN 2000 1.5x however I can't find one anywhere (UK) 

Thanks in advance!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

With the GH5 or any 4:3 capable modes. Shooting 2x is your best option to get 2.67 aspect ratio when desqueezed in post.

Any small sized 2x with Hardcore DNA is a great setup. Or if your keen to finding a 1.5x, then shoot in 16x9 mode with any camera. But you will be waiting a long time and spending $$$$ for a 1.5x single focus. 

Thank God I was able to find a Iscorama pre-36 on eBay just over a year ago. Best investment ever for an anamorphic lens solution imo.

The Kowa 16H, 8z, etc. are the ones to look out for. 

I have the GH4 and there is also a very convenient combo especially for run and gun: You can pair the 35-100 2.8 quite nicely with the Iscorama. You have a light weight, stabilized zoom combo. Even autofocus does work (so so). Of course it has not the character like a combo with old basic-vintage primes but it works quite nice and adds some character to the sterile GH4/5 video.

....Ah sorry.... got something wrong here: I read Iscorama and 1.5 stretch... and thought you own one :-)

You should also watch out for ELMOSCOPE II

They are cheaper then Kowa B+H and I am sure they are on the same level (sorry Tito: loved your comparison but I think you had a bad Elmo for the test ;-) ) In fact Elmo had and still has the best reputation and made the best projectors and fantastic projection lenses. I own four projectors and several lenses. My Elmoscope II is brilliant and easily as good as my Iscoramas and Moeller.