An update on the NX-L speed booster for the Samsung NX1

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

SAM_0161.jpg

(Above, shot on the NX1 & full frame NX-L).

The Samsung NX1 is at this moment in time the best value for money 4K Super 35mm camera with the best ergonomics and autofocus.

I still end up using my NX1 more than my Sony A6500 and Fuji X-T20, which pale into insignificance vs what Samsung did nearly 3 years ago.

Now the NX-L speed booster has developed further since my last article and I've been shooting a lot more with it.

Read the full article

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I had the NX1 and it looks great in daylight.  I struggled with NX1 in lowlight, so the speedbooster is a great way to help with the lowlight. This speed booster overcomes the odd choice of the NX1's flange distance as compared to other mirrorless cameras. If my NX1 and 50-150 was not stolen out of my car I would still be shooing it today because l love the way it handles ergonomically.  Regarding it's capabilities as a 4k camera, depending on what you are shooting the rolling shutter maybe a deal breaker, it made me move on to the GH5 rather than purchase another NX1, but I'm not a: "must have shallow depth of field person" so I am not the target audience for this NX1 speed booster anyway.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

Andrew, shot are looking awesome, sweet colors. Are they videograbs? What lenses did you use? Did I say, colors look awesome! :)

They're raw stills graded with my photoshop presets... The video frames look just as good though... NX1 colour has always been a highlight.

13 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

SAM_0161.jpg

(Above, shot on the NX1 & full frame NX-L).

The Samsung NX1 is at this moment in time the best value for money 4K Super 35mm camera with the best ergonomics and autofocus.

I still end up using my NX1 more than my Sony A6500 and Fuji X-T20, which pale into insignificance vs what Samsung did nearly 3 years ago.

Now the NX-L speed booster has developed further since my last article and I've been shooting a lot more with it.

Read the full article

Photgraphs look amazing. 

12 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Do we have Christmas discounts @lucabutera??!! You can do something like "EosHD special, only for December 2017, and only for my mates in the most special forum ever!"!

What are your plans for the next NX project?

Hello mate, with the evolution of 3d jetprint, I'm getting good value for money.
The biggest evolution of NX-L is the Plus version, this is the maximum for use as a videomaker, For color and quality I prefer NX1 + NX-L Plus to Blackmagic Ursa mini.
The AF adapter without speedbooster is frozen and I will not go any further until Samsung decides to go back to producing cameras.
I hope that in December I will be able to make a special offer to Eoshd friends.