BMPCC to BMMCC

Turboguard

I think I'm going to go ahead and update my BMPCC to a BMMCC finally. Mostly because EVERY SINGLE CLIENT is asking for slow motion, ha!

Anyway, I want to check in with you guys who own it, what should I get for it? My current "run and gun" set up with BMPCC is just a cage and a monopod for weight, and going similar with the BMMCC I assume I basically just need a monitor? Was looking at the SmallHD Focus? Both camera and display can run on Canon LP6. Should I sell my metabones (nikon BMPCC) and my Nikon lenses and do EF, or is that just too much trouble for nothing (I don't personally see a reason as I always focus manually)? Uhm, yeah hit me with everything you got about this! 

THANKS

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, Turboguard said:

Anyway, I want to check in with you guys who own it, what should I get for it? My current "run and gun" set up with BMPCC is just a cage and a monopod for weight, and going similar with the BMMCC I assume I basically just need a monitor? Was looking at the SmallHD Focus? Both camera and display can run on Canon LP6. Should I sell my metabones (nikon BMPCC) and my Nikon lenses and do EF, or is that just too much trouble for nothing (I don't personally see a reason as I always focus manually)? Uhm, yeah hit me with everything you got about this! 

I have a BMMCC, bought it a few months ago a shot twice with it. I really love it, the image quality is great !

I use it on a small run and gun setup (both spherical and anamorphic). I used a monitor at first, but a 7 inch is just a bit too big. I got an EVF since. You should go for a small monitor or EVF and you're good to go. I really love this camera, the codec is strong, DR and Colors are very good but I don't now how much of an upgrade it is compared to the BMPCC.
I only used 60fps a couple of times but the quality was very clean !

The only thing I have still to get is a cage, as I don't know how strong the HDMI port is on these. 

I owned this camera and loved it. I needed XLRs for some shoots and didn't care about the size so bought an F3. Would love to own one again soon. 

I would say number one, figure out a good battery solution to power the camera + monitor.

I would buy one of these as well.

http://store.mosaicengineering.com/VAF-IR-Filter-for-Blackmagic-MFT-Cameras_p_44.html

The small HD 502 monitor is pretty rad to have for LUT support, wave form, and other handy features. 

5 hours ago, JordanWright said:

It could be powered by the SmallHD Focus, Fixing the battery and monitor solution at the same time

Yeah That’s what I was thinking too. Juggling Focus vs Vide Assist.

I wonder if it will fit in my tilta bmpcc cage to add some weight.

I’m only doing this for the 60fps so formfactor doesn’t matter.

I have two bmmcc - both in cages with a video assist attached using 7” wooden camera arms (with nato attachments). Works well (I put nato clamps on the ends of both arms and rails on the accessories/cage). That seems to be better than the recommended one clamp & one rail set up.

I attach it to vLoks for tripod use and carry a good quantity of canon batteries.

Nice little cameras - I found my Pocket really did not like cold weather. I’ll be interested to see if the Micro is more tolerant.

Tim

1 hour ago, mercer said:

The battery life is definitely better than the Pocket, but it’s still not great. If you can get 45min out of a battery, you did pretty good. A couple of my aftermarket batteries would rapidly drop after the 30min mark. 

I find the battery life very decent. I shot a small event weeks ago. 2 batteries got me for the entire afternoon with a bit of juice left. I guess it depends on the recording codec a bit.
You can also power it using the 12V input on the camera.

1 hour ago, Justin Bacle said:

I find the battery life very decent. I shot a small event weeks ago. 2 batteries got me for the entire afternoon with a bit of juice left. I guess it depends on the recording codec a bit.
You can also power it using the 12V input on the camera.

Really, that’s pretty good. I had an Ikan monitor that ran off the same Canon batteries and it was annoying because they wouldn’t die at the same time so it seemed every half hour to forty five minutes I was changing one of the batteries.

On 11/17/2017 at 12:10 AM, mercer said:

Really, that’s pretty good. I had an Ikan monitor that ran off the same Canon batteries and it was annoying because they wouldn’t die at the same time so it seemed every half hour to forty five minutes I was changing one of the batteries.

I have everything to power both the monitor and BMMCC from one sony NP-F battery but couldn't try it before I got my EVF. I still have to sort that out.

• 2 weeks later...