Humans of New York - gear used?

cojocaru27

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Dunno, but sharing a link for context for others:

https://www.facebook.com/honytheseries/videolist/2352311818327650/

If I was you, I'd start by hunting around to see if you can spot BTS pics. Such as maybe on their instagram. Check out the credits at the end of who shot it, then check out their social media as well. Etc

On 11/13/2017 at 4:30 AM, cojocaru27 said:

Could they use a dslr

given the clarity and look i would guess that fb clip isnt from a dslr – maybe one of the mirrorless cams, but id say CX00 if i had to guess

but COULD you use a dslr for a piece like this? OF COURSE!

if ive learned anything about filmmaking, its that NO ONE CARES about stuff like that but us

theres never been anything shot on a dslr that was unsuccessful BECAUSE it was shot on an dslr

so im just sayin... dont let the gear be a barrier between you and making great content. only nerds like us notice that stuff lol

while some people are sitting on the couch wishing for a camera that costs as much as a new car, others are making films with what they have, and getting their work seen by the whole world online

i want UTA to represent me as a commercial filmmaker and fine artist. do you think those folks have ever passed around something really great, and then it gets to the big boss, and hes like "Its good but the highlights clip like shit" looool me neither thats a funny idea tho

1 hour ago, IronFilm said:

Was five years ago, I'm sure it has changed. 

i have read the interview and he's certainly talking about the stills series, not the footage. So 7D and 50mm 1.2 is for the photography series.

5 hours ago, kaylee said:

given the clarity and look i would guess that fb clip isnt from a dslr – maybe one of the mirrorless cams, but id say CX00 if i had to guess

but COULD you use a dslr for a piece like this? OF COURSE!

if ive learned anything about filmmaking, its that NO ONE CARES about stuff like that but us

theres never been anything shot on a dslr that was unsuccessful BECAUSE it was shot on an dslr

so im just sayin... dont let the gear be a barrier between you and making great content. only nerds like us notice that stuff lol

while some people are sitting on the couch wishing for a camera that costs as much as a new car, others are making films with what they have, and getting their work seen by the whole world online

i want UTA to represent me as a commercial filmmaker and fine artist. do you think those folks have ever passed around something really great, and then it gets to the big boss, and hes like "Its good but the highlights clip like shit" looool me neither thats a funny idea tho

I know what you're saying and i couldn't agree more. That's one of the reasons i am refuse to upgrade my NX1 for a couple of years now. It's just that i like the look so much, it feels organic and it's the kind of look that i wish a mirrorless would give yet, but i am afraid it's not happening. Looking at the slow motion quality and the full frame aspect of the image i can't think of a mirrorless that has that quality in slow motion - just one of the features i have noticed.

25 minutes ago, cojocaru27 said:

i have read the interview and he's certainly talking about the stills series, not the footage. So 7D and 50mm 1.2 is for the photography series.

I meant even for photography, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he has changed up what he is using for stills. 5yrs is a long time.