Joancarles Ambrojo

Just a test with one of my anamorphic lens (a beautiful Bolex Moller Anamorphot 16/32/1.5x). Andrew opened my mind reading his useful blog and shooter's guide, and now I love the anamorphics. I am learning, so I hope you understand my limitations in all the areas, included the video edition.

[attachment=477:435717753_295.jpg]

Shot on Canon 5D Mark II, the taken lens is a Zeiss C/Y 100mm Makro-Planar f2.8

http://vimeo.com/64893832

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Great test video! I get a bit bored with the anamorphic flares, but love these! Especially in the high contrast images with the silhouettes. Very nice.

The left corner looks less softwer than the right one in some shots. How did you attach the anamorphic to your lens?

Great test video! I get a bit bored with the anamorphic flares, but love these! Especially in the high contrast images with the silhouettes. Very nice.

The left corner looks less softwer than the right one in some shots. How did you attach the anamorphic to your lens?

Thanks, Julian.

I think the anamorphic lens is not properly aligned and the left side tends to be more blurred. Perhaps is the way to attach it to the primary lens (this Zeiss is a macro, and the filter thread are very far from the front len of this prime, maybe is one reason of this misalignment). I attach it with two very thin step down: a 49-39 and another 52-49. I must use tape to fix the anamorphic to the rings. I would like to buy a Redstan clamp and cross fingers that there is no internal problem with my Bolex.