GH5 all-i 400Mbs vs ipb 150Mbs frames comparison:

Vesku

Mercifully those were the pre-forum days☺️☺️I remember clearly getting new speakers and the 2 days later hating how they sounded...on many occasions....mercifully I got to wallow in my misery in isolation!...it was a time that taught me valuable lessons though, that serve me well today with my film gear "problem"...luckily mine  is a "lens problem"!!!....I'm very happy with the cameras I buy and also with Panasonic!...both in terms of their products they put out, but possibly more importantly, who they are as a company...and how they respond to feedback from their customers. Voting with one's wallet is one of the few ways consumers can excerpt some power.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I made many tests today. My final conclusion:

All-i is better with complex motion. A surprise is that ipb is little bit better in static scene. It compresses the important i-frame less. The difference is very small. Motion difference is bigger but still quite marginal.

A static comparison first and moving second (red). I hope this site dont re-compress my images.

ipb-better.jpg

alli-better.jpg

hehe, the ultimate pixel peepers' thread. You guys are crazy ! So to see a difference you have to actually stop moving image, take one frame out, zoom said frame to 400% and on top of it draw an arrow pointing towards the difference because it's hardly to see it otherwise. It's a great exercise and I appreciate your findings but do you think this difference is going to make you more money or make you stand out from others? In my opinion thanks to your test I learned a valuable lesson. For my clients, I'm happy to use IPB and save space.

8 minutes ago, Don Kotlos said:

I just noticed that EVA1 is in VBR and I am trying to figure out whether the ALL-I is in VBR.  @Vesku can you check the actual bitrate on the static vs moving scenes in both IPB & All-I? 

GH5 all-i is pretty constant 400Mbs static or moving. 150Mbs is also quite constant 150Mbs although it is variable about 145-155 Mbs.

I remember GH3 all-i was very variable and seldom reached its maximum.