Sony A7R III announced with 4K HDR

salim

https://www.eoshd.com/2017/10/sony-a7r-iii-announced-4k-hdr-ergonomic-improvements-no-10bit-4k60p/

"What’s new in the A7R III for video shooters? Well the improved ergonomics introduced with the A9 are on this body along with a new higher resolution 3.3m dot EVF. The camera now shoots 4K in Hybrid Log Gamma for compatibility with the latest 4K HDR TVs, like the Panasonic GH5. Unlike the GH5 however, it is held back by the 8bit 4:2:0 codec. HDR and HLG require a very wide colour gamut, so we’ll have to examine very carefully in the review whether this camera is really capable of a nice 4K HDR image without banding and colour problems."

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

5 axis stabilization to 5.5 stops

pixel-shift using IBIS to generate a 169 megapixel image. Sony china is saying it's equivalent to 99 megapixel in real resolution. 

some samples: 

overview features:

From a photography point of view, this sounds theoretically amazing, looking forward to the reviews. I'm not in the market for it but it seems the MSRP didn't increase from the II, so maybe there will be great used deals on the leaving generation to be had.

55 minutes ago, tellure said:

No 10bit and oh my god, we're still at a 100Mbps bitrate for 24p/30p 4K?!?!  Goddamn Sony.. throw us a bone for video here.

I'd be pretty confident that the SIII will add a few more video features. I think Sony didn't really expect the RII to be as popular among videographers as it was. I can definitely see it getting 4K60p. Like you though, I'd love a new codec.

13 minutes ago, Rinad Amir said:

No one mentions battery life has it been improved? What about overheating after 25min run in 4k mode 

"Use of the larger NP-FZ100 battery increases the battery life by 2.2x, meaning a CIPA rating of 650 shots per charge when using the rear LCD or 530 shots per charge with the EVF. " <= a "new" battery (same as in the a9)

"A faster 'Bionz X' processor, along with the front-end LSI processor featured in recent Sony models, allows the camera to process more data, faster. "  <= might mean less overheating? But my money is on the a7Rmk3 still having some overheating. 

• Super Members

People upset about no updated video features.. what did you expect?
The s-model cant be news to you?

1 hour ago, tellure said:

No 10bit and oh my god, we're still at a 100Mbps bitrate for 24p/30p 4K?!?!  Goddamn Sony.. throw us a bone for video here.